Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 296 Total Views

Hi!  My son, youngest of my 6 children, just finished BMT and arrived at Tech. School yesterday.  He is at Fort Leonardwood, MO, in Vehicle Operations.  He is 19 and got married a month before leaving for BMT.  I will always be a MOM, but now have an empty nest.... well, except for my high maintenance husband! (He says I'm high maintenance, but that's NOT true!)

Anyone else here have a loved one at Ft. Leonardwood?  

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Teresa

NC, USAhave a nice day

by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jkohler
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Hi, This group does not seem very active.  I am a wife and we are stationed at Lackland :) 

momsixtimes
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Hi! What's it like to be stationed there?  So much going on each Thurs. through Sunday!  

jkohler
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 11:14 PM

lol..yes!  We live on the other side of base, so we don't go to the training side that often.  I actually really like living here,  This is our first station, so I don't really have anything else to compare it to :)  Was your son's wife able to go to tech school with him?  I was not able to go with my husband because his training was not 20 weeks long.

momsixtimes
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

No, his training is only 45 days, so she didn't go.  I am in NC.  I have a daughter whose husband is in the Army and they are at Ft. Hood.  They LOVE Texas! They were in Germany last and Ft. .... ummmm.... the one in El Paso, before that!

jkohler
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM

lol.  My brother is in the Army.  He was at Ft. Hood and is now in Germany.  He's in Bamberg.  I like Texas O.K.  It was super hot this summer though!  My family is from Kansas, so it's not a huge change really.  I like that we are only 3 hours away from the ocean though :) We have some friends in NC.  They seem to like it there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN