Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice please!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 717 Total Views

Hello,

I am new to cafe mom, currently not a mother yet and not yet a wife. My fiancé and I will be getting married October 2013. We are very excited and can't wait to start our new adventure, now recently a few months ago he brought up that he really wanted to be in the Air Force...which is a conversation I avoided like the plague! For some reason this time I was more open minded and willing to explore the option. Now we know people that were in the Air Force and still in and some married couples and single as well, so we have heard tons of advice on the subject and last week we just seen a recruiter. So I know a lot of the info already but I am nervous and would like some advice and opinions. Maybe your experience or someone else's. we only plan on staying in for 4 years and nothing longer. We are 21 years old so please any advice or suggestions would be great! 

Thank you

futureAFwife

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shareleann
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Why are you limiting it to only one contract term?  What area is he thinking about going into? 

I grew up around military bases, dated some military men & eventually married one, but only after I did my 1 term in the military.  it's been several years and bases and I may be able to answer a few questions for you.

FutureAFwife
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Sorry I just seen this awhile back. My husband and I have not yet decided on what we are doing, we wanted to get the wedding finished before going any further. I have another issue though because I am 22 weeks pregnant and we are back on the subject. My husband spoke with someone and said he would go to boot camp in March and I'm due in May. I'm worried he won't be back in time for the birth and I'll be alone until he finishes boot camp and tech school. Wondering if he should wait until after the baby is born or best if he goes ahead and joins before. He hasn't taken the test yet, he took the practice test and scored really high. He wants to go into possibly something with administrative or military cop but I'm not real sure. Right now we are only discussing doing four years and after that we'll decide if we want to stay longer. I am still concerned on leaving my family and even worse leaving them as soon as I have the baby. My biggest concern is being away from my husband that long and being alone with our baby until he comes back. This is our first so I am still nervous. Just concerned...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)