Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The excitement is almost overwhelming!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Hello to all my dear sweet friends on this oh, so awesome site!  My Mom & I are leaving in a few hours, headed to San Antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!  I can bare contain myself......& I haven't even boarded the plane!!LOL!  I just wanted to say how very much you have all meant to me through one of the toughest times in my life.  Sharing stories, sharing tears, & feeling the excitement as week by week someone got to see their "Airman" graduate!  I have no doubt that the support here was, & is, very instrumental in easing some of the difficult times I went through when my baby boy walked out my front door!  Now, my moment has arrived!  I'll have lots & lots of happy, happy stories to talk about on here when I get back home, plus I hope to share lots of great pics!

To all of you that are fairly new to this site.....I know you've read it over & over on here....& I know that it seems early on that you'll never be happy again.  But TRUST ME!  There wasn't a Mom or a Wife out there anywhere that felt more devastated & alone than I did when Tom left.  But the time does pass.....it really does.  Just keep your head up & instead of looking at the long haul, embrace each day, one at a time.  Each phone call....each letter.....each night when you lay your head down on your pillow is one day closer to seeing that beautiful person you are missing so badly right now.  Get a big dry erase calendar!  I hung one on the wall right beside my bed & taped Tom's pics on it.  Every night when I went to bed, I got the HONOR of putting a slash through the day I had just gotten through.  And before you know it......there are more slashes than empty days.  It worked wonderfully for me.

Anyway.....guess I gotta head out to the airport now!  We have beautiful weather to fly in, & over the last week, the weather in WV has been atrocious!  7 inches of snow right now.....& the temperatures have been below zero.  So I'm feeling the need for that warm Texas weather!  And the warm hugs from my Airman!    It's amazing how you can truly develop and keep love in your heart for a complete stranger, one that you've never even verbally talked to or met.  But I do love you all so very much & the bonds that we all share will be here for a lifetime!  We are never truly alone!  God will take care of that one!

So........ON THE OTHERSIDE OF MY FRONT DOOR WALKS THE MOM OF ONE OF THE WORLD'S FINEST AIRMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom's Mom

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TopGunsMom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM

QUICK ADDITION TO MY PREVIOUS POST HERE......If anyone is there for the Airman's Run on Thursday from this site.....I know Cassandralee will be & probably April......I'll be the one with the cowbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOL!!!  Seriously!  My son was field commander for his high school band & I had this red,white, & blue cowbell that I shook the dickens out of when he came out on the field!  I had joked with Tom about having it at Lackland, & he just shook his head & rolled his eyes!LOL!  Well, I was joking with his recruiter last week about it, & he's like" OH!  You have to take it out there for the run.....you just have to!"!  He said of course I couldn't use it at the graduation (which I'd never, ever so anyway) but that when his flight ran by it would be awesome to "make some moise" with it!  So he gave me a "Proud Air Force Mom" sticker to put on it, so if you hear the cowbell, look for Sheri!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!  And no.....I don't raise cows!!!LOLOL!  But I'm ready to MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHA!bouncing mom

Tom's Mom

aprila81703
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hi Sherri! I just got back from Chris' graduation on Monday and let me tell you, I have never been as happy as I was the first time I saw him on Thursday! It felt so good to finally be there. I sat at the top of the bleachers so I could see him better and then I thought "now how am I going to get down in a hurry?". But I'll tell you, I probably lept over all of the other people because I don't even remember climbing down. All I remember is going through the sea of airmen and seeing him standing there at attention. It is a little overwhelming at first but once it all starts to soak in, you'll be ok. Chris' flight actually got warrior flight so they got town pass on Sunday also but I didn't want to let him go again. I think it was worse this time because the first time he left, his recruiter was rushing me so I didn't really get a chance to tell him goodbye the way I wanted to.  But it is so much better now that he's in tech school and can call every day. Chris' tech school is 14 weeks at Keesler in MS and then 14 weeks at Sheppard in TX so he has a ways to go. Hopefully, his commander will approve his request to live off of base after this month so we can move down there. I hope you all have a wonderful time and hopefully the weather is better for you all than it was for us! You'll have to let me know how it goes. Best of luck! Talk to you later.

~April

chelle22
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Congratulations momma! I had so many goosebumps when I went to my hubby's graduation! It really gave me chills during the ceremonies- it's such an incredible experience! Tell him congratulations and thank you for me!!!

wendy6832
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Congratulations. Safe travels. Thanks for the wonderfully happy note. We are a wonderful group, aren't we? :)

group hug

2ndtimearoun280
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM

YAYYYYY, WAY TO GO TOM!!! CONGRATS MOMMY, AND YOU WILL HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME.GIV EHIM LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES AND WELCOME TO YOUR EXTENDED AIR FORCE FAMILY!!!hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)