Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lackland Church Service Video from 08/02

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

Hey guys...found this great video on Youtube.  I am definitely going to do the same when I go.  I will try my hardest to get some close ups all around the room so folks can see their love ones. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7T9-xkj290

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NatGab
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Thanks for sharing!  I can't see any faces, but I know that my husband is in that room somewhere!!  He is at BMT right now.  It is very special to see a little glimpse of something that he is doing, and knowing that he is in the video somewhere....

Mommy to two sweet girls AND

TJSproudmom
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Well, after much dissection, my husband and I found Tyler, a face shot.  You are correct when you say it gives us a glimpse of what they are doing.  God Bless them all.

Kim508
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:42 PM

WOW - I was just at the church service on Sunday.  This is it exactly.  Once you are in your blues everyone makes a whole in the group to let you walk through with your family.  Its really cool.  This service was one of the best parts of the trip  You will not believe it until you see it.  Such an outcry of emotion from everyone. Singing, dancing and celebrating their decision to defend our country,  The most moving experience of my life (childbirth aside),

jmsmith
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for sharing that video. It was just as amazing as when we sat in that Church with our daughter back in Jan. I'm going to forward this to her. She'll love it.

God Bless 

Jeriann Smith

2ndtimearoun280
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Here are some pictures i took at the church when i went to my son's graduation. I love the one where they are arm and arm!!!!

TJSproudmom
by Group Admin on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Such great pictures.....You add Christmas to the mix and it probably increases the tearflow by 100 times. 

I am so excited to attend the church service, it is all Tyler has talked about....his BEAST week is moving right along.  It looks like San Antonio is getting a lot of rain today so that hopefully cooled it down a little. 

Thank you for posting these.

proudmomofsep
by Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM

WOW!

A very powerful video...can just imagine the tears I'll have when I get to attend in November! Thanks for sharing this and the pictures.

Just curious so we can make our flight plans...what time is the church service on Sunday and what time do things start to wrap up...don't want to miss anything so want to know about what time would be safe to set up our return flight home.

Thanks again for sharing!

Hugs,

Lisa

jmsmith
by Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Lisa I want to say that the Church service was around 11:00. I know it was the second service. The schedule for things on Sun. said that the kids would have until that evening to spend with the families, but the TI"s can ask them to be back early.  Christin's TI had them report back around 2pm so they would have plenty of time to prepare for their departure the next morning. 

God Bless, 

Jeriann Smith

dixiecharmer
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

This was one of the songs they played  at  the church service, when I went to my son's graduation, Memories are made of such things that will never be forgotten,  It will be 2 years in December.  My oldest son and I still talk about our trip to Texas.  A long way from Montana, but so worth the trip. 

Now we talk about going to visit him at his new base.  At least it will only be 7 hours by car not 2, 14 hour days of driving.  LOL.

Dixiecharmer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)