Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emilie is coming home!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping through this last month. It has been a whirlwind of emotions. Last week we got a phone call from Emilie, she said that she had been taken to the hospital and they were going to discharge her with anxiety/stress disorder and displacement disorder. Basically she just couldn't adapt to her new surroundings. They are giving her an honorable medical dischage and she should be home by this weekend. It took me a couple of days to figure this out, as I said more emotions all over the place. I admit that I'm disappointed, (mostly I just wanted her to succeed at what she set out to do) but still really proud of her for going completely out of her comfort zone and trying something that I never could have done. (Thanks Misty for reminding me to be proud of her no matter what!)  I can't wait to see her again!

Ruth

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TJSproudmom
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Ruth,

It has been such a pleasure to get to share in your journey with Emilie.  Her heart is good and brave and in the right place.....The fact that she wanted to offer herself to her country says so much about her character, that is the important part of all of this. 

As I mentioned before, it comforts me to know that the MTI's recognize when our kids struggle and know when to say when.  Emilie is a hero and will do well in whatever she decides her future.  Please let her know that we respect her for her sacrifice and think highly of her mother for being so supportive of her. 

Take care and please stay in touch so we know how everything goes.

Misty

Kim508
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Hi Ruth:

I am so glad you will see her - she is probably home by now.  I am so sorry of her illness.  I know people in a similar situation and it is nothing to be ashamed of.  She should be very proud of her accomplishments as there were many.  You made her independent and strong.  I am confident she will succeed in whatever path she takes.  After-all, she has you behind her and therefore, she will never fail.

Take care and give my best to Emilie (hugs and kisses for being so brave).

Kim

jmsmith
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I agree with Kim and Misty.  What an amazing daughter you have. She will find her path and will end up exactly where she is meant to be in this world.  Tell her  wer are all proud or her and think she is a wonderful young woman.

God Bless

Jeriann Smith

Congdon
by Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Emilie is boarding a plane in San Antonio as I write this! I am so excited that I can barely contain myself! She should be into Omaha around 8:30 tonight so I can see that it'll be a long night!

Thanks everyone!

Ruth

TJSproudmom
by Group Admin on Aug. 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Ruth, I am so happy that you will get to see her.  Give her my best , she needs to hold her head high and realize she has already accomplished more than 80% of the rest of the U.S. 

God speed.

Kim508
by Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Please give her a great big hug from me !  Let her read all your posts so she will know what an amazing Mom she has.

Take care,

Kim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)