Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tyler's cat....

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 406 Total Views

Hello ladies,

Today seems to have been a sad day for me...I am not sure if any of you have these days but today was a "cry" day.  My sons cat has been acting very odd since he left, the first week he was gone we couldn't get her out of his room, she wasn't eating or drinking and seemed to really be missing him.  Today she has been very clingy and tonight she went upstairs and within a few minutes I heard all kinds of noise.  I went to see what she had broken and found her in his room trying to get under his comforter.  I just broke down...the cat made me cry, how goofy is that? 

My husband, who misses Tyler horribly understands that I miss him but really doesn't get the emotional days I have, wait until our daughter leaves for school next year, he will be a basketcase.

Just venting on here....sorry.

Misty 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kim508
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Hey Misty:

I think we can ALL relate to your emotional days.  I know I can.  I've spent most of the last 9 weeks crying.  It's been an emotional rollercoaster. Sounds like the cat needs a little extra loving....she must be feeling like we are...alone, abandoned and helpless.  Hang in there and know that I am thinking of you everyday.

Warm regards,

Kim

jmsmith
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Misty your entitled to have those cries.  Our cat did the same thing when Christin left. She slept in her room almost 24/7. Cat's love their people : ).  I know your husband misses your son, but it's just different for mothers. That's really all I know to say. My husband did have a few emotional moments, like wen Christin would send a letter marked " Daddy". I think it was different because she's a girl also.  You hang in there. and when you feel like crying, just cry. And then tell us about it. : )

God Bless 

Jeriann Smith

cindyin214
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Our little Dachshund that Erin calls "her baby" did that when Erin left. She would just make circles around the house, stare out the window, and then plop down on the floor with her sad puppy dog eyes and whimper. They know...
TJSproudmom
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Thank you all.....having a mucho better day today.  Don't know if it was the off and on rain, the quiet or that I just hadn't cried in a while but all better now. 

I woke up to his cat marching all over me this morning and thought, Hmmmm, maybe that is why I cried, I don't want to benmarched on at 0500 by his cat...he allowed that and catered to her.  I just pet her and turn back over. 

Cindy, 12 days until we see them!  Woohoo

Thanks again for making me feel better, just posting last night made a difference.

cindyin214
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM
12 days... I can hardly believe it! This whole surgery things has got me in a tailspin, and I just pray that I will be back on my feet enough to really enjoy the experience! As is par for the course for me, I totally over did it yesterday, and am paying the price today. My doctor is saying 3 weeks off my feet...I'm saying you won't be able to keep me away from graduation for anything!!! But, shopping and the Sea World trip will likely have to be done without me. I'm trying not to let that get me down, but it really upsets me. What bad timing! Ugh!! Ok, enough of my pity party....sorry. TWELVE DAYS!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!
msgzal
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Misty,

I understand those crying days completely. Today was one of them for me...rainy and I decided to tackle Zach's room. We have three dogs, and Zach's dog, Yoda, was not happy that I was cleaning and picking things up. I have avoided his room, but decided that since I had had such a great day yesterday, that today would be the day. Cried almost the whole time. Everything just smells like Zach -- sounds crazy I know, but the deodorant and aftershave lingered in his things. Then just seeing silly little things triggered memories and I cried some more.

So...I get it. Just keep an eye on the fact that you'll see him in less than 2 weeks. AWESOME!!!

Hang in there...you're near the end.

Lynn

dkmmm
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi Misty-

I'm new to this whole cafemom scene and needed something to help the pain I'm in from my daughter being away from home.  I found this very interesting because we went through the same thing with 'Timmy', my daughters cat.  He cried at her door and if her door was opened (usually for me to go in there to bawl) he would come running and try to find her.  It tore me up!  My daughter graduated BMT 1-09 and was able to come home for a few days in July.  I couldn't believe how Timmy reacted.  She was so excited to see him, he wouldn't even look at her, as though he was very upset.  Then she put him down to give him time.  He would go away from her and just glare at her no matter where she went in the house.  He did this for a few hours, then.... out of no where he jumped up on her and loved on her like he used to.  It was so bizarre.  That night when she was getting ready for bed, it was the old routine, like she had never left.  She had been gone for 8 months.  When her days were up he seemed to be upset again but it didn't take him as long to realize she wasn't here.  On the husband note..... they don't understand that mother bond. My husband has admitted to me he doesn't understand why I am so upset, she is doing well and following her dreams.. why be emotional?  I am proud and thankful for all of that and so much more, but I sure miss that baby girl I devoted the last 18 years to.  I don't know who I am without her.  My daughter has been to BMT, tech training and is now stationed.  I am still having a hard time and trying to learn to cope.  As horrible as it is, I'm glad I am not the only person going through this.  Just know... others are 'goofy' too    :)

Thank you for your story.

TJSproudmom
by Group Admin on Aug. 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

So good to hear your story.  This is still very new to me but I find the adjustment was made when I found this group. 

Tyler's cat was my daughters cat, but she took a real liking to him the rest is history.  The dogs adjusted well, they don't care who is here as long as someone is.  I have always known cats are sensitive....just didn't realize the impact his leaving had on her.

Do you hear from your daughter often?  Where is she stationed?  We need to know all about you now that you have surfaced :)  Welcome to this site, you will find much comfort and friendship here. 

Thanks,

Misty

dkmmm
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM

You are at such an exciting time with the whole BMT!!  The light is near!  Graduation will be amazing.  One of the most proudest moments ever for me as I know it will be for you too.  The Airmans run is great, the coin ceremony is breathtaking (afterwards you get to run out and hug them and cry), and the graduation is really neat!  Congratulations!!!

My daughter and I talked and texted a whole lot after graduation.  Which was so much better than when she was in BMT.  At least I could hear her voice, fill her in on things going on, tell her goodnight, and exchange I love yous.  She went to Sheppard AFB, then to Eglan AFB, and is now stationed at Langley AFB.  We still talk every day or two.  She thinks she is an adult now...  Dang independence anyway.... :)

Take Care,

Kathy

cindyin214
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM
I am so jealous that your daughter is at Langley!!! I've often said that if Uncle Sam took into consideration "mommys" wishes on the duty station, I would love to see Erin at Langley or Andrews. We have a lot of family in Virginia and would just love for her to be there- even if just for a short time. What is your daughters "job" there? I'm so excited that graduation is just around the corner...I cannot wait to hug my daughter. Just can't wait!!!! Cindy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)