Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello and welcome!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

Please feel free to use this thread to say hi and introduce yourself!

by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stoerkel
by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM

HI!  Thanks for starting this group.  Its nice to have a place to go specifically for private school moms as we sometimes have different problems or different takes than the public school moms.

I'm Dana, and my two youngest attend a private lutheran school.  DD grade 5, DS grade 4.  My oldest DS highschool sophmore attends public.  I like the private better.

hopeandglory53
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I guess I should have introduced myself :P

I'm Amy, stay at home mother of 4. My 3 oldest will be starting their school on Monday, going to a Baptist school. Oldest is starting 4th, son is in 2nd, and middle is K.

None of my kids (with the exception of my youngest now attending Head Start) have gone to public school.

amzbrznjz
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

thanks for starting the group, now I some people to share some of the same experiences...We decided to put our kids in the Catholic school system after our public schools here went belly up and had major cuts.

My name is Heather, I have 3 kids ages 10, 7 and 2.  We live in the Chicago area and my DD-10 is in 5th grade and DS1-7 is in 2nd grade at St. Mary's Catholic School...side-note...I am not Catholic, I was raised in a Methodist/Baptist home.  My kids' father is Catholic, along with his family and therefore our kids were baptised Catholic and being raised in a Catholic home.

simple smile

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

CaLizzyMom
by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 1:21 PM

My name is Abby and I live in Central Texas.  I have 2 kids: Caleb is 8 and in the 3rd grade, Lizzy is 5 and just started K.  They attend a small Christian school, the same one I spent 12 years at, so I have no experience with public schools. 

3Junebabies
by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Hi my name is Nina.  We have 3 in private catholic and 2 in public high school.  grades 1,3 and 6 in private and 11 and 12 for high school.  Our 3rd and 6th grader have attended public.  We decided to go private after our daughter who was in 1st grade at the time said she was bored in class.  She was also punished for working ahead of the class.  She made the transition with no problems and decided to enroll our sons.  We have been happy and believe that our children are getting the education they deserve. 

MissyHult
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Hi!  My name is Missy & I'm a sahm with 2 children.  Gavin 10 & Elizabeth 3.  This is Gavin's first year attending private school, and so far he absolutely LOVES it!  He attends Christian school at our church.  My experiance with public school was horrible!  I won't go into a long detailed story but lets just say that they had him in Special Ed class for reading.  And this year he is able to be in private school where there is no Special Ed.   I'm glad you made this group!!

kristinas8
by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I'm so glad you made this group! I'm Kristina SAHM to 6 kids. We're not in private school at the moment but working our way back to it.

4 years ago 3 of our children attended our Christian school in our church. Then we moved back to WV and sent the 3 to a christian school that their cousin and half sister attended. The gas to get there was so much of a strain that we pulled them out and put them in public school. It has been a nightmare ever since! I'm currently homeschooling (well, just getting started) my 13 yr old for 7th grade.

Hopefully after she is rehabilitated we can put them into a better Christian school that is closer. I so miss my kids attitudes when they attended private school. I don't know who've they become!

My kids are Amber 14, Sarah 13, Naomi 11, Zachariah 10, Rebekah 6, and Nicole 7months.

Momma2Warriors
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Hi my name is Kris. I am a working mom of 3 boys. We live in PA.

My oldest is 16 and goes to school during the school year out in Chicago in the school district he grew up in. My folks, hubbys parents, and our siblings all are still there. The school district here is not safe and it is a whole different world out here and he did not adjust well to the change.

My 7 you attended a Sudbury school for the firat two years of his school experience. It did wonders for somethings like his confidence but he is a bit behind in his handwritiing and etc. A Sudbury school is a self directed education where kids can learn according to their learning style. They have no set classes or etc.

This year he wanted to try regualr school and loves it. He attends a small Adventist school. We are not Adventist but actually Unitarian. Hubby and I fully believe that our children will benefit for exposure to different beliefs. The values being taught are basicly the same as our own and he wont die having a vegetarian lunch everyday at school. We picked the school due to the class size and the warmness and attitude of the staff. My son loves his new school and has informed me that he is bored this weekend.

My youngest is 3 and being stubborn with potty training. He will attend the same school that the 7 yo is attending next year.

amzbrznjz
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2010 at 11:17 PM

where here in Chicago?  What school district?

Quoting Momma2Warriors:

Hi my name is Kris. I am a working mom of 3 boys. We live in PA.

My oldest is 16 and goes to school during the school year out in Chicago in the school district he grew up in. My folks, hubbys parents, and our siblings all are still there. The school district here is not safe and it is a whole different world out here and he did not adjust well to the change.

My 7 you attended a Sudbury school for the firat two years of his school experience. It did wonders for somethings like his confidence but he is a bit behind in his handwritiing and etc. A Sudbury school is a self directed education where kids can learn according to their learning style. They have no set classes or etc.

This year he wanted to try regualr school and loves it. He attends a small Adventist school. We are not Adventist but actually Unitarian. Hubby and I fully believe that our children will benefit for exposure to different beliefs. The values being taught are basicly the same as our own and he wont die having a vegetarian lunch everyday at school. We picked the school due to the class size and the warmness and attitude of the staff. My son loves his new school and has informed me that he is bored this weekend.

My youngest is 3 and being stubborn with potty training. He will attend the same school that the 7 yo is attending next year.