Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keep it simple?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 4:06 AM
kim
  • 3 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

should we just focus on making a petition? 

or should we focus on making a group, and inviting many folks to be part of the process for the different fronts (some of us making a petion some of us making websites for letters to be sent to representative? and also more folks to spread the news for signing forums and joining fb groups

should this be the small group and facebook the big? or I don't know

There is 10 of us. we are a good size for a think tank, and each doing a little something every day for the group, and overall covering each others back when can't come to the group.

Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting (AMP)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. - Rumi

by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SlapItHigh
by Erin on Sep. 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I think keeping it simple is good but I think there could be a petition, forum and letters written and still be simple.  Sometimes I have seen where a petition has a sample letter at the end where it goes to a certain person/organization/politician/etc and the person signing can choose to also send a letter and can add on additional email addresses. So if there is any way to combine a letter and petition that is a possible idea.

I think facebook has a better potential to be a bigger group than this one because CM is predominantly moms and non-moms would likely be interested in this cause as well.  Things go viral very quickly on facebook and I can see membership grow quickly there.

crunchiemama
by amanda on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM

i agree with erin. i think FB would be a good idea for spreading the word tho it doesn't neccesarly have to be a group on FB but if we could get others to join in and at the very least sign a petiton

Imamom4sure
by kim on Sep. 12, 2010 at 10:49 PM

sure! so while we do some prep work be small, then enlarge this group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN