Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth plans?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

I have had epidurals with both of my previous pregnancies. I have decided this time around I really want to try to go natural. I have been reading this book called The Complete Idiot's Guide to Natural Childbirth, sounds ridiculous, but actually very educational. We will see if I can make it through...

Anyone else have a birth plan yet?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnasMommy7
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM
rlhall1980
by Group MOD on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I wouldn't think so if the c-section is scheduled, but I'm not sure.

lilmisbeachbum
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I dont see why not... if you still want things done a certain way. Do you want the screen up or lowered, want to keep your hands free so when they pull him out you can feel him (few hospitals do this), want you dh/so to stay with you after delivery or go with the baby to nursery, etc.

Quoting rlhall1980:

I wouldn't think so if the c-section is scheduled, but I'm not sure.

Pregnancy%20ticker BabyFruit Ticker

lilmisbeachbum
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Ive been working on mine, but dont have it done yet!

mamaMG
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM

what were your experiences like with epidurals? I am leaning towards not having one, and this is my first... any advice?

lilmisbeachbum
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Same here...

Quoting mamaMG:

what were your experiences like with epidurals? I am leaning towards not having one, and this is my first... any advice?

rlhall1980
by Group MOD on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM

With my 1st I had some problems dialating so they had to give me pitocin which makes you contract longer and harder so I got the epidural. I could feel just enough pressure to know that I was pushing. With my 2nd, when I got to the hospital I was already dialated to an 8 1/2. If I would have known my son was going to come as quick as he did, I would have never got the epidural. But I guess being at almost 9cm is a bad time to make decisions. I walked in the hospital screaming for one! The problem with the epidural the 2nd time around is that it worked too good. I couldn't feel anything at all. I couldn't feel pain, contractions, pressure or even the feeling to push. It made it a little harder. That is part of the reason I don't want pain meds this time. Your recover is quicker too. It isn't fun having to lay in bed for a few hrs after you have your baby. All I wanted to do was get up and take a shower, but I couldn't feel my legs enough to walk!

crystal626rose
by CO Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I have had an epidural with 3 out of 4 of them . I don't know if I will get one this time ,but they are all very different so we will see. The only one that I didn't get one with was my 3rd . He was 10lbs and I had a very easy labor , by the time I got to the hospital I was already 8cm. He was out within an hour and a half . The 2nd and the 4th were the hardest for me ( both girls LOL) they were just more painful all around and everything was taking a long time . I had pitocin and an epidural with 1,2 and 4 . I was in labor with 1 for 24 hours after my water broke .  Having a plan is a great idea ,but I don't beat myself up if I don't follow it exactly , labor is different every time .

Mare1180
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

i had a 2 epis with my son and neither worked and my body temp went up to 104 because of the epi (almost had to have an emergency c-section but i was really dialated) so im not against epis but they are not for me. i am chosing to have a waterbirth at a birthing center this time around.

rlhall1980
by Group MOD on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quoting Mare1180:

i had a 2 epis with my son and neither worked and my body temp went up to 104 because of the epi (almost had to have an emergency c-section but i was really dialated) so im not against epis but they are not for me. i am chosing to have a waterbirth at a birthing center this time around.

I wanted to do a waterbirth at a birthing center, but we only have one free standing birth center in Georgia and its about 4 or so hours away! My hubby is not big on the homebirth idea...so I'm going to do my best to go natural at the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)