Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How did you tell your SO?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM
  • 380 Replies
  • 6404 Total Views
2 moms liked this

How did you tell your significant other when you found out you were pregnant??

Join us in the Pregnancy Group.

by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Kelly
by Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't do anything fun, I just showed  my DH the positive test. I think I really needed another pair of eyes to confirm it was true!

BraythansMom
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I came out of the bathroom and showed him the test lol... we were expecting it though so he pretty much knew already :)

mommyporter
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I passed out at the post office and was taken to the hospital. We both found out at the same time when the ER doctor told us I was pregnant!

NewMom122010
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Since my husband was working nights, I set my alarm for the time when he would get home, 2:30am. I had the test behind my back and told him that I believe we were going to be parents. He looked and me with a blank look and so I showed him the test. It was great! He just kept on saying "oh my god" and then sat down.lol. We were planning this little one he just didn't think it would happen so fast.

jelly_beans_mom
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM

i went to the doctor for a uti and the doctor told me i was pregnant and when i left i told him he was goin to be a daddy..

jewells0905
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Well we were trying, (and got lucky and got pregnant the 1st month) so he knew when I should have started my period, but I waited until I was almost a week late to take the test. I came home from work one night and he had bought the pregnancy test so I took it. It said pregnant before I even got a chance to put it on the counter and wash my hands, so I just yelled for him to come look!
momnarmywife710
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

He took the phone call from the fertility clinic person that I was already pregnant. He actually called me with the positive results.

Whitney_Lynn
by Member on Oct. 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM
5 moms liked this

Well when i found out i was pregnant it was 5 am and he was still asleep, so i crawled up next to him and whispered; "your gonna be a daddy." All he did was groan. So me not being sure if he heard me went in the bathroom and across our huge bathroom mirror wrote WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!! then drew an arrow pointing to the counter with my pregnancy test sitting on it. Then i left for work. A few hours later my hubby called and called me a dork and that he is so happy and couldn't wait for me to get home.

lisanrich
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I was going to the fertility DR. to go over my ovulation calander for june and july. I had been put on clomid in june. ANy way Hubby had an emergency root canal that day so he couldnt go. I found out at the appointment i was pregnant. I had a little satin bag that just fit the preg. test in from the dr. I told him i brought him a gift. He opened it and the color just left his face. He almost passed out. LOL he gave me a huge hug and then he noticed the neighbors were out and he had to run and tell them!

christinabri
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I was freaking out, and debating whether or not to call him at work, or take another test first to make sure.  We had tried for so long, I didn't believe the positive test!  lol  Well, he called me to ask me something about the Halloween party we were going to later and I said REALLY fast, "I took the test, it was positive." I was also crying, LOL.  He imediately said, "GO TAKE ANOTHER ONE!" HAHA  After so many years of disappointing negative tests and doctors visits, we were afraid to get our hopes up and have it be negative. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement