Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Must Have Baby Items!!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM
  • 100 Replies
  • 2162 Total Views
2 moms liked this

For moms who have had their babies, share with us the most valuable "equipment" you have for your baby - so that our pregnant mommies can know what they need to have!

Join us in First Time Moms
Co-Owner of February 2009 Babies

by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM

For me it was the book The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp. Read it before your little one arrives so you can be prepared to calm his/her cries!

so1986
by Member on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Diaper Genie! I thought we didnt need it at first, but it works miracles. Some of my son's diapers made me want to gag, If you use it, you don't smell them.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Oh! And our baby carrier. I don't know if the model we used is still made: Jeep 3-in-1 Carrier, but oh how it was a life saver! DD had colic and craved to be held and I couldn't just sit on the couch and hold her 12 hours straight, so we got this carrier and I would go on walks with her in it, I could do the vacuuming and other household chores, and I even ate with her in it! I actually have a picture of an ice cream drop on DD's head because she was in the carrier while I was eating it! I LOVED that thing!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I agree. We use Diaper Champ instead, but it's so easy to use, empty and reload that I don't know what I'd do without it! And the trash bags last forever! I got a roll of vanilla scented trash bags for our diaper champ at my baby shower. We started using them as soon as we got home from the hospital, and it wasn't until 2-3 weeks ago that we finally ran out of that 1 roll, and DD was 20 months old!

Quoting so1986:

Diaper Genie! I thought we didnt need it at first, but it works miracles. Some of my son's diapers made me want to gag, If you use it, you don't smell them.

Join us in First Time Moms
Co-Owner of February 2009 Babies

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

a MOBY WRAP the best thing i ever got and used the most while my son was little my son was a snuggler when he was tiny and this way i could still do house work and he got his snuggle on :)

christinabri
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Our swing, changing table, diaper genie, The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD, her swaddling blanket, her paci's.  She doesn't use them anymore, but they were lifesavers for about 4 months.  

StephenieBryant
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Swing, Boppy pillow, pacifiers, and his receiving blankets.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Nov. 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM

i stole so many receiving blankets from the hospital everytime he came back form the nursury hey had restocked the crib thing and i would empty it and have hubby take it to the car ...those things worked great as burp parkas as i called them my son was a good spitter upper lol 

Quoting StephenieBryant:

Swing, Boppy pillow, pacifiers, and his receiving blankets.

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life

cocorosey
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Quoting MomToovey:

For me it was the book The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp. Read it before your little one arrives so you can be prepared to calm his/her cries!

^  I totally agree about this book.

We also loved our baby carriers.  We use the Ergo, Moby Wrap and Maya Wrap.  I would suggest for a pregnant first time mom considering using the wraps or ring slings, that they practice before having the baby with a doll or something because when you are sleep deprived and have a screaming baby you have little patience and brainspace for the learning curve of them...the Ergo with the Infant Insert saved our lives.

As far as "must haves", I would have to say that the babywearing stuff was most important for us.

mommy2dallas602
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Swaddle blankets. Diaper geenie. Baby bath tub that grows with baby. Swing. Musical books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement