Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swaddle Me Mommy.....what until your 15!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

Ok so my DD is 14 wks now and she still needs to be swaddled. She won't sleep more than 15 min w/o it. She's moving around alot more and I think she's learning to arch her back and scoot over so w/o the swaddle it looks like she is going to roll over from her back to her belly within the next few wks. She hates belly time and I don't ever see her going from her belly to her back LOL. Our problem is we are afraid she'll roll over in the middle of the night while swaddled and that scares us to death so we want to take it away from her only she won't sleep w/o it, or nap for that matter. She just lays there and cries and rubs her eyes then gets herself all worked up so it takes me even longer to get her to bed if I give in and swaddle her. I feel like I'm sleep training all over again, it wasn't even this hard to get her to sleep in her crib at 8wks. Any recommendations? Does anyone else have the same problem? Will she outgrow it on her own? Any ideas? Thanks Ladies!

Tammi

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hunters-Momma
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Hunter is 9 months and though we don't swaddle him he will not sleep without being wrapped in his blankie...I was hoping he would outgrow it but no luck so far.....

Mommy102710
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought of starting to swaddle her in a blanket from her chest down not sure if it'll help but I'm desperate, were you afraid of the blanket suggocating him? I'm so scared of all that stuff :-( Well not at 9 mths but when you started wrapping him in his blankey?

Tammi

Hunters-Momma
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I am still scared of it LOL needless to say I have not had a good nights sleep in 9 months LOL I check on him multiple times, but if I try to take the blankie away he cries...I don't wrap him tightly and I know he can roll over and get out of it, but I am super paranoid so I just hope soon he won't need it anymore

MommyBird388
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I kept my baby in his swaddler until the velcro was literally popping open in the morning. I also had him in a sleep positioner till he outgrew that too. That kept him from rolling over. THEN, after that I put his changer cushion in his crib. He was sleeping in just PJs and the blanket was wrapped underneath the changing cushion. Finally, we got him a sleep sack and he loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBird388
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Just read some of the replies, has no one else tried a sleep sack?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM
My son hated being swaddled. But I was told once the can wiggle out it wasn't needed anymore. I had also heard great things about the sleep sacks or sleep halos you could try one of those. I saw one at target that is a swaddled and a sleep sack in one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:32 PM

We swaddled DD for 4-5 months. She would move around in her sleep but she was fine. We didn't have a bumper and there were no toys or blankets in there for her to suffocate on. I'm sure she'll be fine!

katesager
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I use a sleep sack with my daughter! I love love love it!

Quoting MommyBird388:

Just read some of the replies, has no one else tried a sleep sack?

katesager
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM

My daughter was swaddled until she was able to roll over, around 3 1/2 months. After that I started using a sleep sack. I love it! 

Mommy102710
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Thanks ladies, we do have a few sleep sacks, they aren't as good a the swaddle she sure knows the difference...the funny part is she'll adjust so many times throughout the night that sometimes an arm will bust out or velcro will come undone but she still won't go to sleep w/o it! LOL :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)