Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dilating - how long? PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

I know every woman and every pregnancy is different, but I was just curious...

Whether this pregnancy or prior ones, how long did it take for you to go from 1cm dilated to a 3 - 4 or even 5?

Can it happen "overnight" (not literally, but I mean within a 1 day time frame) or is that not possible?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tashina12
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM
The week before I had my son, my doctor told me about a patient she had who came in thinking she was in labor and she wasn't even dilated 1 cm. A couple hours later she came back in and had dilated to a 10 so fast she couldn't even use medication. She delivered naturally very quickly. So it can happen.
I on the other hand just couldn't dilate. I was induced on a Tuesday at 6 am, and labored until Thursday 830 am when they took him c section. Over 52 hours, I couldn't dilate past a 7. And it took me around 40ish hours to get past a 3cm.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

i was at 2 cm from week 36 till i was induced at 40 weeks and like 5 days i think i was ..but i went from 2 to 4 in an hour and an hour 1/2 later i was fully done and ready to push ...my mother labors the same way very fast ..i was told with the next one since i want to go all natural and refuse to get induced again that i can not wait at home for long if my water breaks lol

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I was 2 cm from about week 36-39. I was 3cm when I was 39 weeks & 2 days along. The next day, I went into labor!

mommy2dallas602
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Its possible to dialate within hours. It took me 3 days to get from 1 to 10
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaintedPanda
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

BUMP!

katesager
by Katie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

It took me 18 hours to go to a 4.5. I had a c-section, so never fully dialated.

mom2b116
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

my water broke and i was 1cm  7 hours later 10 and pushing  

SHELLY

Austynsmommy111
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I went to the dr. on a Thursday and wasn't dilated or anything. I ended up in L&D at 6 am Tuesday morning and was a 1... at 4 that afternoon I was between a 4 and a 5, then about 5 the next morning I was at a 7. It went really quickly from there and after pushing for about 45 minutes, she was born :) I thought it was neat because she was born on her EDD: January 19th

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)