Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my lil guy has rsv

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 261 Total Views
So my lil guy started with a mild fever at the end of last week. Then over the weekend he started sneezing. Last night he started coughing, getting congested, and wheezing. So I took him to the doctor this morning and she said he has RSV.
I feel so bad for him because he obviously doesn't feel good and all he wants to do is cling to me. :(

Has anyone else dealt with this?
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM

we havent had rsv with my son ..but we have had croup twice and  a virus that caused his fever to sky rocked to 104.1 that was so not fun ....its never good when our little ones are sick :( hope he feels better soon 

Tashina12
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Quoting KelliansMom:

we havent had rsv with my son ..but we have had croup twice and  a virus that caused his fever to sky rocked to 104.1 that was so not fun ....its never good when our little ones are sick :( hope he feels better soon 

Aww, I'm sorry.. :(
And thank you, I hope he feels better soon too..
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Haven't had rsv, but when she gets sick, she gets clingy. But I just spend all day snuggling her! I hope he feels better soon! Good luck momma!

mommy2dallas602
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM
I had RSV when i was a baby. My mom said it was no fun. I hope your lo feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaintedPanda
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Hope LO feels better soon... It's sad when munchkins are sick.

Tashina12
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Thanks ladies!!
katesager
by Katie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I have not, but hope he gets feeling better soon!!

OmniaVincitAmor
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

My son had RSV and pneumonia when he was 5 weeks old.  It lasted for what seemed to be forever :(  Sorry you're having to go through this, and I hope he feels better soon.  IDK how old your little guy is but when AJhad it he pretty much slept in his swing until he was better.  It helped with his breathing at night.  Maybe trying propping his mattress or crib a little.

lucki_flip05
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Didn't have rsv but ds had whooping cough! No fun. I kept the humidifer going all day, and got some of the vicks strip things u can put in the humidifer, I also found a really flat pillow, that gave it just enough that his head was elevated. I also kept his nose cleared out with saline drops. Sucks when babys r sick! Hope he feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomtoJacobDylan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM

my lil guy has been the same way, but they said he has viral bronchitis, he's only 4 months old...i'm not exactly sure what RSV is, i've heard about it alot lately though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)