Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Pray for Her (Updated for the 3rd time!)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 317 Total Views

Yesterday, while we were out celebrating my husband's birthday, he took our daughter on a slide. She normally rides by herself, but because it was a tube slide (and very long) we decided it would be best for her to go supervised. Well, while they were sliding, she put her foot down onto the slide surface and her shoes are non-skid, so it stuck to the plastic. But my husband didn't realize and kept going and somehow bended her wrong. We're not 100% sure where it hurts, we did an assessment (I'm First Aid trained) and it seemed like her knee, but later we noticed it seemed to be more her ankle (more accurately her ankle tendon). Nothing is broken (thank you, Jesus) but she couldn't stand very well. At first, we'd put her down and she would put some pressure on it, but not much and both legs shook. We tried again a little later last night and it wasn't quite as bad, so hopefully it's getting better. It happened after her ped's office hours and we opted not to go to Urgent Care/After Hours Pediatrics because with it not being broken, there's not much they can do for her. However, we did decide that if it's still bothering her this morning, we'll take her to the pediatrician.

I'm hoping it wasn't anything too serious and that by sleeping for 12 hours and staying off of it for even longer, that this morning she'll be good as new. But even if that doesn't happen, I just want my poor little girl to feel better, and if that means going to the doctor to see what's wrong and get a treatment, so be it.

Join us in First Time Moms! (Group Mod)
Owner of February 2009 Babies

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Sending our thoughts your way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Updated: When she woke up this morning, she still couldn't put much weight on it, so I called her pediatrician and we have an appointment for 1:30

mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

aww Goodluck, I hope April is okay!!

katesager
by Katie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Good luck! Hope she is ok! Keep us posted! I will be praying for you guys!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM

We went to the doctor, she checked everything out. She agreed with our assessment that nothing was broken, but sent us to an x-ray technician to be sure there are no fractures or other problems. Basically, we spent the ENTIRE afternoon at doctors' offices. It sucked for everyone. And still no news. The x-ray techs said they were going to give the results to her pediatrician, not us, and I don't know if/when we'll hear from them...
So after all that, we don't know anything more now than we did before. :(

Tashina12
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Aww good luck! I hope she is ok!
katesager
by Katie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Why are they not giving the reuslts to you guys? Sorry to hear about that! Hopefully you will know soon!

Quoting MomToovey:

We went to the doctor, she checked everything out. She agreed with our assessment that nothing was broken, but sent us to an x-ray technician to be sure there are no fractures or other problems. Basically, we spent the ENTIRE afternoon at doctors' offices. It sucked for everyone. And still no news. The x-ray techs said they were going to give the results to her pediatrician, not us, and I don't know if/when we'll hear from them...

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

I honestly don't know. Neither my husband nor I had ever gotten x-rays before (ok, I did when I was 3, but I don't remember much about it) so we don't have a frame of reference. It seemed odd that they wouldn't tell us anything. I did kind of figure though, that if they had found something wrong, even if the techs didn't tell us, her pediatrician would have, so I'm hoping it's a good thing that they're not telling us.

Quoting katesager:

Why are they not giving the reuslts to you guys? Sorry to hear about that! Hopefully you will know soon!

Quoting MomToovey:

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM

This morning her pediatrician called to let us know the results of her x-rays. They came back negative! She prescribed some Children's Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and said that it should heal on its own within the next few days! Thank goodness for some good news! And thank all of you for your prayers and support!

mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Thats great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)