Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When I found out I was pregnant . . .

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 450 Total Views

I want to hear pregnancy stories, some have tried long and hard to concieve their children and some with the thought that they would never have any kids or couldnt. I love babies and Im a hopless romantic so I want to share pregnancy stories. Where were you ? How old were you ? Where you nervous taking the test ? How did your significant other respond to the test ? Etc. . .

So i'll go ahead and share mines to jump start.

I was at home in my apartment it was about 1 am and me and my fiance were talking about how I think im pregnant a few days before this day I was having spotting and cramps and missed my period and my mom kept sayin youre pregnant ! my sister and friends kept jinxing me for the past month telling me I was about to have a baby I laughed at them. So my fiance and I decided to take a test , so I sent him to walgreens in the wee hrs of the morning to get a test and he brings it back and im like well idk if i want to take it i have taken them before and they came out negative and i was experiencing the same symptoms then too he said just take it because i know you pregnant. So i go in the bathroom and take the test and I swear I didnt even get to pee on the stick good enough before it started turing into that plus sign and i was in AWE. I tried to fix my face before I came out the bathroom to show him and I couldnt help but smile because as soon as I open the door he was sitting on the edge of the bed  hands in prayer motion with his head down shaking it was very cute he was so anxious so i went into the room and showed it to him and he said oh my god we did it and he cried and kissed me it was so cliche i swear i felt like i stepped out of a life time movie, but him crying made me cry and he was so happy i was so happy we cried and "consumated" the pregnancy it was our own little "victory dance" haha to say aye we did it !!!!!!!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM
We had just got our puppy he had an accident inside the house and animal poop never bothers me but web I wet to clean it up I lost my lunch so hubs said I think we need to test (we had tried two months before but since I had just gotten my period we stop tying) I went on my lunch break to get the test and tested that night while he was at work and sent him a text with the results. He was a nervous mess he was a server at the time. He got really good tips that night lol ad then the next day he got a job offer for his job now march of 08 was a good month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJ42011
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Quoting KelliansMom:

We had just got our puppy he had an accident inside the house and animal poop never bothers me but web I wet to clean it up I lost my lunch so hubs said I think we need to test (we had tried two months before but since I had just gotten my period we stop tying) I went on my lunch break to get the test and tested that night while he was at work and sent him a text with the results. He was a nervous mess he was a server at the time. He got really good tips that night lol ad then the next day he got a job offer for his job now march of 08 was a good month

Lol awww see good luck all around my brother in law told me that we were gonna have a baby because a year before I got pregnant I adopted a dog from the local shelter and he said "Lady is here with her little pitter patter of her feet and she will bring a baby with his little pitter patter" and If he wasnt right. Maybe dogs are the key to starting a family. And he bought home lots of tips haha thats funny !!! We also seen a "news fly" those really big flies and I heard they are here to either bring bad news about a death or good news. But that summer my bestfriend's mom passed and i was prgnant and didnt know at the time and of course my fiance wished upon a shooting star one night as we were driving home that summer. Idk im supersticious (sp) as well so I like to believe that all these things were signs. Thanks for sharing loved it !

giniaa
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM
My bf and I tried for a year but nothing happened. We are now going on 5yrs. In August I talked to my little sister telling her I wasn't feeling well she shouted your pregnant!! She told me' to take a test I didn't want to because I have taken many with the "-" sign. I talked to my bf and he wanted me' to test. So one day on my way to my brothers we bought a test &i tested when I got there. The "-" sign showed up and as I was getting done and looked again it was "+" I started crying I went to my bf and he hugged me and promised me' it will be ok we didn't expect it at all! I'm due in April we can't wait!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJ42011
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Quoting giniaa:

My bf and I tried for a year but nothing happened. We are now going on 5yrs. In August I talked to my little sister telling her I wasn't feeling well she shouted your pregnant!! She told me' to take a test I didn't want to because I have taken many with the "-" sign. I talked to my bf and he wanted me' to test. So one day on my way to my brothers we bought a test &i tested when I got there. The "-" sign showed up and as I was getting done and looked again it was "+" I started crying I went to my bf and he hugged me and promised me' it will be ok we didn't expect it at all! I'm due in April we can't wait!!!

Awwww I know how you feel We tried for a year too and nothing happen and how ironic im due in april as well. Congrats !!!!!!! What are you having ? Im having a Boy Brian jr.

mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I was 18yrs old living with my fiance. I woke up one morning and went to the bathroom and just had this weird urge to take a test bc my friend and I were going to go to the bar that night, I took it expecting another negative (took one a few weeks prior) and it said Pregnant right away. I just kinda froze and thought "what..the..heck.." so I ran into the bedroom where my fiance was sleeping and jumped on him and showed him. I took 3 others that day n all were BFP. We were trying a month before and I thought one of us had fertility issues so we just stopped trying, went on vacation, came back and found out i was pregnant! My fiance was shocked but very happy. We wanted a baby

giniaa
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM
I'm also having a boy &naming him Jeremiah Joseph

Quoting MJ42011:

Quoting giniaa:

Awwww I know how you feel We tried for a year too and nothing happen and how ironic im due in april as well. Congrats !!!!!!! What are you having ? Im having a Boy Brian jr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessnjosh87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I threw up for two weeks straight and at first thought it was the flu. I decided to test after the two weeks, b/c I just didnt feel right. I was ON BC, so I wasn't expecting anything. PREGGO. >.< I threw up and called my hubby, who said "we cant do this" and it took me two weeks to convince him to keep the baby. Now we have 9 month old DD. :) 

ashleytn428
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Where to start lol! I was pregnant when I met my BF, but it stopped growing at 5 weeks but I was supposed to be 7 weeks. My bf said we would keep it and he would call it his own. I was happy about that because how many guys would do that, right? Well, anyways, I lost it and had to have major surgery and had my right ovary removed. He was awesome through it all. Ok, so to the good part...I hadn't even got my period back yet, it was only a month after the surgery and I didn't know if I had 'missed' or not, but I was doing laundry and hanging it up and I kept joking that I was pregnant. I just layed down on the bed in the middle of hanging the laundry up at 5:30 P.M. and closed my eyes and went to sleep! I was soooo tired! Like everything my bf said I would come back with 'I can't I'm pregnant' or ' It's because I'm pregnant' lol so he was like that's it! Take a test it's killing me!! So, we went to get a test, and two more, and three more... All came up VERY dark and QUICK!! But he was outside grilling the fish we had just caught. So I took them alone, but as soon as I had taken all 7 of them-haha wanted to be sure- I handed them to him and was like HERE! O M G the LOOK on his face! Remember, he was going to care for the 'other baby' as his own, so to have his OWN baby must of made him the happiest ever! Well, I went to the Health Dept, ya know, just to be sure...And it didn't say any different. We were a nervous wreck because I have had 3 miscarriages before, so I have tried not to get attached till lately. Well, our little Hunter Gauge will be here in less than a month and he hasn't stopped talking about him! He's going to be the cutest daddy ever to his little boy!!

sweetc2324
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM

My hubby and I had been trying to have a baby for 3 years. They told me that I couldn't have kids.. Well, we didn't  give up.. I started taking Clomid(fertility pills) back in November 2009. And we kept trying.. Well, took a pregnancy test in February 2010(was having symptoms) was negative.. Didn't think nothing of it.. I don't have a period every month..(about every 6 months)..So we kept trying.. I went camping Mermorial Weekend, and the last day I was feeling sick and had to puke. My MIL asked if I was pregnant, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.. Well, in July I went to the doctor for another issue, and he did a blood test and a test for my thyroid, also a blood pregnancy test, and it came back the next week.. And they called and told me that I was like 4-6 weeks pregnant.. I started freaking out.. Called my Ob and they scheduled for an ultrasound.. Well, went in to have that done, they did the internal one and couldn't see anything...  moved it down just a lil and she was like" is that a head", i started freaking out.. Again, did the one on the top and i was 20 weeks pregnant.. the best feelingi n my life.. My daughter was born Dec.1, 2010.. The most amazing day of my life..

Tashina12
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Ok so I'll try to keep a long story semi short..
My bf and I had been together for about 3 months when we unexpectedly got pregnant on birth control. Despite the fact that we werent trying, we were ecstatic..
A week before the dr. appt, my bf's father died after a 3 year struggle with lou gehrigs disease. We went to the funeral and everything and everyone just kept saying that this baby was the saving grace in a sad situation.
We went to the 10 week appt and they couldn't find a heartbeat. Apparently the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. I ended up needing a d&e. A few days after the surgery, the dr called and said I needed another d&e because I have a bicornuate uterus and he suctioned the wrong side. After I had the second surgery, the dr spoke with me about future pregnancies. He told me that I may not be able to carry a baby to term because of my uterus.
So basically in a 2 week time period, we lost my bf's father, our baby, went through two surgeries, and were told we may not be able to have children..

After giving it a lot of thought, 5 months later I stopped taking bc. We were going to try to have a baby. This is where the irony really kicks in.. 14 days after I stopped taking bc I got pregnant! Literally the first time I ovulated after my last pill.. It was a verrry long hard pregnancy and labor. A lot of complications, bed rest, pelvic rest, being classified as high risk from day one, and finally 9 months later was induced due to preeclampsia. Ended up having an emergency c section 2 days later. And now...

Here he stand with a very handsome, happy, healthy, and vibrant little one year old boy.. And we couldnt be any happier! :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)