Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be concerned??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 122 Total Views

My daughter will be 10months in 5days I cannot get her to really eat her baby food anymore she wants what I'm having and wants to be able to chew it not just swallow it,what can I do??

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aamommy2011
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

depending on what it is, id say give it to her. give her little bites that can be easily swallowed if shes not gonna chew. or give her your mushy foods. she should have enough teeth to eat a couple real solids

mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM
I have that problem with my 9 month old. I usually give him what I know he can eat like bread when im eatin a sandwich. Or sometimes I trick my son by putting baby food behind my food and acting like im eating the baby food or scooping my food on the spoon and give it to him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin_Allen
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:00 AM

At that age she should have enough teeth to chew small pieces of bread, soft fruits and  (maybe cooked) veges, and eat things like applesauce, mashed potatoes, yogurt, and puddings with ease. Just make sure the pieces are really soft and really small. My sister used to do this and give the pieces one at a time so her daughter didn't choke. 

They also sell "transition meals" for toddlers that have small, easy to chew foods designed especially for younger todders that aren't ready for adult food yet. I think Gerber makes them, so you may want to try those, or look at them for ideas. 

You could also talk with your pediatrician for help :)

Good Luck!

Ashley4584
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM
If it us not overly seasoned especially with salt..... Feel free to smash up bits of what ur eating and let her try it. If she was 7 months I would say no, but 10 months .... I'm mean she's curious for a reason , she is becoming ready for table food. How many teeth does she have??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katesager
by Katie on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:59 AM

My daughter is the same way. She will be 10 months in 2 days. I would just give her what you are having, if it is small enough.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM

This is what I was going to say

Quoting Kristin_Allen:

At that age she should have enough teeth to chew small pieces of bread, soft fruits and  (maybe cooked) veges, and eat things like applesauce, mashed potatoes, yogurt, and puddings with ease. Just make sure the pieces are really soft and really small. My sister used to do this and give the pieces one at a time so her daughter didn't choke. 

They also sell "transition meals" for toddlers that have small, easy to chew foods designed especially for younger todders that aren't ready for adult food yet. I think Gerber makes them, so you may want to try those, or look at them for ideas. 

You could also talk with your pediatrician for help :)

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)