Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about contractions

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

ill be 37weeks on wednesday and right now im sitting at work experiencing some tummy tightening and lower menstral cramp feeling. The tightening started last night but only about 2-3 times per hour right now its 5-6 times per hour and there is pain along with it. It almost feels like my tummy is bruised all across it im not sure if this is what a real contraction is supposed to feel like or not. can someone help me out please dont want to bother the doc. unless i have more reason to believe its the real deal.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM

My contractions actually weren't painful, but from what I've heard from other mommas, it does usually feel like menstrual cramping. Right now, if you are contracting, they're not close enough to warrant going into L&D, but do keep an eye out for them. Hopefully some other mommas will have some advice for you!

mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM
I agree. Mine hurt like hell like very intense cramps

Quoting MomToovey:

My contractions actually weren't painful, but from what I've heard from other mommas, it does usually feel like menstrual cramping. Right now, if you are contracting, they're not close enough to warrant going into L&D, but do keep an eye out for them. Hopefully some other mommas will have some advice for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Mine felt like menstrual cramps on steroids. My first one was when I was about 37 weeks and then I didn't really have any until I was 4 days past my due date. At first it just kinda seemed like a strong pms cramp, then eventually got stronger. Be sure to keep  an eye on frequency tho. Also for me once I realized I was actually in labor, not all my contractions were as strong feeling as others were. Good luck Momma!

katesager
by Katie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Mu felt like really intense sharp period cramps. i had a bunch leading up to my due date. Just keep timing them. If they start to come every 10 minutes for a few hours, then you need to call.

cdmncj
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I actually didn't have any contractions until I got to the hospital. My water broke at home and my doc made me go to the hospital even though I wasn't feeling anything. Once they started though, it was all in my back.  I would say that if you are concerned, call the doc. Like you, I never wanted to bother them unless necessary, but that is what they are there for and they are used to it. Plus, this is their job! They expect questions and are there for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)