Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitter ?'s

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 178 Total Views
My little girl is 12 weeks and me and my husband are in need of a date night. I'm just worried about leaving her with someone. All of my family is in Ohio and we live in California my mother in law lives 3 hrs away so I'm only left with my husband's father and my sister in law. I'd hate to ask her since she has 2 of her own and she never asks me to babysit but I have a hard time trusting my father in law. He hasn't had a baby in 25 years and has never kept my niece or nephew. Is it just me being a first time mom worrying too much or should I wait till she's older to leave her???
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
new_mom_2011
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

BUMP!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I wouldn't say you're being paranoid (not that you even used that word). We actually never left our DD with a sitter until she was 13 months old. As far as date nights go, we either didn't do them, did them when family came to visit (and they'd watch her for us), or have date nights in after she went to bed. Those are actually really nice! Enjoy at least 1/2 an hour to just sit and talk with each other, then bust open a bottle of wine and enjoy a snuggle movie together (one that he likes too - for us it's either Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Big Fish).

aamommy2011
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM

i would ask your SIL, and then tell her when she wants to go out, she has someone to count on.

LindseyLou531
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2011 at 1:00 AM

check your local churches.  The Baptist church down the street does "parents night out" usually once a month for $10 and it's usually a 4 hour time block.  They take kids of all ages, and they use the time to help instruct their youth into proper babysitting habits.  There are usually 3 adults to every child the last time I checked it out.  Good luck!!

KaityBug2011
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Idk I always thought that about my dad since he hasn't dealt with a baby in 19 yrs but he was great with her. I had to tell him that he had to pat her back harder or she wouldn't burp lol.. I just had to go over the whole bottle situation before I left and explained when she will be hungry.. and so on..

katesager
by Katie on Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM

My baby is 11 months, and hubby and I have only gone out twice without out her. The fiirst time was when she was 7 months. I do not think you are worrying to much. You just want to find someone you trust, who will take good care of your baby. I would go out whenever you feel comfortable. 

Rydersmom95
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I know what you are going through! i don't trust anyone with my son, even family the only two people i trust are my grandma and my mom! i don't let my sister, or brother or cousins watch him i am always scared something will go wrong but you aren't being paranoid!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)