Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on our Son Jayden and his appointment.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

So Today we had his Neurology appointment. There isn't "good" new nor is it "bad" news. It is still pretty much a waiting game. 

So His sutures have likely closed slightly prematurely. =( The first intial scan seemed to show good news, and state that he didn't need to have surgery. However, it wasn'tdefinite enough for them to say yay or nay. SO, they scheduled another appointment for this up coming Monday the 18th for a better more in detail scan of his head. So as far as that goes we will know for sure what the deal is on Monday. They will give us a final answer on Monday as to whether or not he will have surgery on his head. So please continue to keep Jayden and us in your prayers over that. (That's the not so "bad" news.)

Now for the not so "good" news. While we were there they did a complete work up on him, as typical. Today they detected a slight heart murmur and we now have a pediatric cardiologist appointment this Friday the 15th. Again At Phoenix Children's Hospital. They think it's something bi nine, that will likely take care of itself. However, they want to be sure, so we will find out on Friday if it's something bi nine or something to be concerned about. 

I feel so bad for my son. =( He almost had to have surgery at 8 weeks old because of some very bad reflux issues that they originally thought was Pyloric Stenosis. Luckily it was not, just bad reflux. It has since cleared up, and he now has no issues with it. I am praying that it is the same case for his heart murmur and the sutures. 

Thank you all for your prayers, concerns, and well wishes. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We will know for sure on Monday what all needs to be done, IF anything needs to be done. I just thought I would update everyone so that everyone knew what was going on.

Talk to ya'll later. 

UPDATE TODAY 4/15/2011

God is SO good to us. Praise God that Jayden has a healthy normal beautiful lil heart! =) 

They did an EKG to begin with after some measurements and short exam. The EKG showed a murmur that indicated that the left ventricle could be enlarged. So then we waited for them to do an echo exam that gave a more indetail finding.

The Echo showed he had a barely slighter enlarged left ventricle. Which at this age is more than normal. They are just gonna check it again in 1 year from now to make sure growth is still proper, unless other heart issues arise.

The doctor, decided to do one last test called a heart stressor test. He did this test because in SOME not all causes a stressor on the heart can cause heart murmurs, which means there is a bigger unseen heart condition. Jayden's heart was so slightly stressed at peak that there is no stressors causing the murmur. So they classified it as binine. Which means his heart is just fine, healthy and normal. 

What a relief to know that. 

Thank you for all the prayers and support. We are parying that we get the same type of results on Monday at his nurology appointment. So please keep us in your prayers for that.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katesager
by Katie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I am sorry momma! I will keep you and Jayden in my prayers. Please keep us posted!

mcclellanlass
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Thank you. I will. We wont know anything until sometime Monday late afternoon. 

C8Baxter
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Glad to see his craniosynostosis scans were promising! Poor little one has been through so much! He'll be in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclellanlass
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Thank you! It's a small relief, I can't wait til Monday for a big relief.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Thank you for the update, you guys have been on my mind. My DH has a heart murmur and has had it his whole life and it has never been a problem for him. It's even safe for him to ride roller coasters and other thrills like that! Hopefully, if your son has one, his case will be similar. We'll continue to pray and please keep us updated!

mcclellanlass
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Awww, Thank you! I appreciate it! I hope that his is like your husbands as well. I'm just so worried about it.

Quoting MomToovey:

Thank you for the update, you guys have been on my mind. My DH has a heart murmur and has had it his whole life and it has never been a problem for him. It's even safe for him to ride roller coasters and other thrills like that! Hopefully, if your son has one, his case will be similar. We'll continue to pray and please keep us updated!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

mcclellanlass
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:01 PM

bump for update in orginal post

C8Baxter
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:09 PM
Awesome news all around! Just great :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katesager
by Katie on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM

That is great news!!

mcclellanlass
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thank you ladies. I'm very relieved for this news. Praying that we get the same type of news on Monday at his Nurology appointment. It's been very overwhelming, but the news today has helped with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)