Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't wanna!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

I've been looking through some posts, seeing things about circumcising and about immunizations... and I'm starting to get scared. Brendan is only 10 days old and when we got his second PKU screening done I damn near cried because he was so upset...

I don't know if I can handle him being circ'd or given shots. I don't want to do this.. but I do...

To the Mom's out there that Circ their boys or Mom's that immunize... How do you deal with the worry? the thought of your child MIGHT be put in pain.

I'm such a wuss, I'm so scared to put my Little Man in a position that'd he'd be in pain. HELP!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReaOfSunshine
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Truth be told, DD handled them better than I did. We even got her ears pierced at 4 monthgs and she was fine. Its not as bad as you think it is.

Photobucket

doulala
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM

I am guessing that parents who believe in circumcising and vaccinating will probably think it's worth it.

Do you plan to do those things?
Are you investigating & researching?

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 21, 2011 at 6:53 AM

we did some reseach and found that circ and shots where best for us, we circ bc daddy was and i let him make the desicion about it really, and we did shots bc i wanted my child to be safe now we did skip the flu shot till last year but we only did that one bc hubby was having chemo and we needed to portect him but we wont be doing the flu shot this year since hubby is done with chemo no need for it.  Its all really up to you mama if ytou dont want to have your son go through all that then i say dont its perfectly fine to not be circ and not to have shots  :) its all up to you your the parent :) 

Danielle-Lo-La
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:58 AM

my son was circed at 2.. maybe 3 days old. It didn't seem to phase him. He's had a few other procedures that never made him cry.. i cry more just out of feeling bad for him. As for his shots.. he has yet to cry or show any pain from them. I guess every baby is different, but the sooner you do it the less it will bother him since he has such a short term memory. good luck!!

mommy2dallas602
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:03 AM
I hated it but I knew he wasnt gonna remember. And imo, getting shots are alot better than getting the diseases they protect you against.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elismommy2011
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:08 AM
I was worried on the pain of my ds he's 18 days now I had him circ at a week only thing he didn't like is being strapped down I was told he slept threw the clipping pain after wasn't so bad I don't think I just gave him tylenol and he splet a lot first couple days it heal pretty quick too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashina12
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Honestly, my son was circ'd the day after he was born. And the shots.. Umm, yeah they hurt.. You just gotta hug him and love him and I always give him a lil tylenol. (And yes, I cried right along with him for his 3 month shots.. After that, they weren't as bad) I'd rather it be time for shots than he be sick like he is now. :(
It'll be over before you know it.
schadtzen
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:26 AM

honestly i had to be the one to hold my baby during shots b/c hubby couldnt handle it, but it is best and as far as circ goes...you wont be there for it, and in the long run, infections are kept to a minimum from having it done, b/c germs get caught in the skin and can cause major problems, but be sure to take care of it how your told ok!! and the shots, its no biggie, keep a bottle with you so you can pick him up right after...fever and fussiness to follow but its worth it my dear =]

PaintedPanda
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I want to get my son circ'd and he's getting vacc'd... I'm just nervous about it. I wanted him circ'd in the hospital but for some reason they wouldn't do it, so I have to call the guy that does it on monday.

AllForEvie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I have a girl so no tips about circumcision, but the vaccinations are definitely harder on you than they are on the baby. My daughter screams every time (she's 10 mos old now, so has had probably about 8 vaccinations so far), but she stops within like a minute. It's way harder on me because I have to be the one holding her down (daddy's too squeamish). That just feels horrible to a mommy. But I have also spent 6 hours in the ER with her, watching her get poked and prodded, and she was upset but was a champ, so I know she's a strong girl. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)