• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

separation anxiety...

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 180 Total Views
Last night was the first time DD slept in her own room, she has been in her pack n play next to my bed for the past 4 months. I was up all night thinking if I fell asleep I wouldn't hear her if she got up. And I checked on her about 100 times I even thought about sleeping on her floor. Dh thinks I'm crazy and dosent understand what the big deal is. And I kept having nightmares about the house catching on fire and me not being able to get her out of her room. Is this normal? Or am I crazy??
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BraythansMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM

No, your not crazy lol... i think this is normal to feel this way at first. I already feel the anxiety about it and we arent even trying to put him in his own room yet haha

Just stick with it and that fear will fade :)

doulala
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM

There is an important reason for that.
You are biologically hard-wired to NEED to care for your baby.
Not being able to creates chaos, stress, anxiety.
Sure you will grow out of it if you want to.   But I encourage you to work with it.   This is why cosleeping is normal for humans.

;-)

sleep

Abbysmom1215
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:09 AM
I feel the same way..... that's why DD is 5 months and still sleeping in her pack n' play right next to me =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2dallas602
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:08 AM
Im the same way still and my son has been in his oen room for 7 months. I even check the house at night for fire hazards lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnunley
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Not crazy!  That is why we still bed share at 7 months old.  We all are more comfortable that way and we sleep better when we're together!  They aren't gonna be babies forever, so I cherish every moment with them!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on May. 22, 2011 at 10:04 PM

You're not crazy at all! We all go through this! I don't know if you have one already or not, but I'd recommend a baby monitor. I'm not a very heavy sleeper, and I know I'd wake if she cried and it was off (happened several times before!) but it's nice because you can hear her breathing. My daughter's 2 now and I still use the monitor because it's very calming to hear my baby sleeping safely and soundly!

Mrs.Messick659
by on May. 23, 2011 at 12:24 AM
I think a monitor would really help me. I love hearing her breath and her little snores! Dh said I should get the video monitor but I think that will keep me up even longer watching her. LOL thus will be night 3 in her own room and last night I slept a little more, thankfully!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)