Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing weight instead of gaining!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 241 Total Views
I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I tend to weigh myself every week well just about. Anyways, I have always been slim and very petite. About a month ago I weighed 102 pds today when I weighed myself I weighed 97 pds! :( I'm really sad that I'm not gaining any weight. I been eatin A LOT and doin everything I can. Any suggestions on how I can gain a few pounds?? I was thinkin bout askin my doctor if there is some kinda pill that is safe enough for me to take that will help me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarah3510
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Its normal for some women to lose some weight early in their pregnancy. Im someone who has also been skinny my whole life and been struggling with weight gain so I do happen to know that PASTA is very fattening lol. I eat it allllll the time. It is included in pretty much every meal I eat. Its what helps me maintain my weight because i can drop weight like its nothin.  But dont panic. You should start gaining in a few weeks. I didnt even start showing baby til I was like between 5 and 7 months along. And then I blew up. But only in the belly. I gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy. I was prego for a total of 10 months.

Clasane90
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:23 AM
It just sucks cuz I try so hard! But I love pasta as well, can eat it all day if I wanted to LOL. I'm showing now wit a lil pudge. Hope things will get better and I'll pick up some weight soon. Thank you!

Quoting sarah3510:

Its normal for some women to lose some weight early in their pregnancy. Im someone who has also been skinny my whole life and been struggling with weight gain so I do happen to know that PASTA is very fattening lol. I eat it allllll the time. It is included in pretty much every meal I eat. Its what helps me maintain my weight because i can drop weight like its nothin.  But dont panic. You should start gaining in a few weeks. I didnt even start showing baby til I was like between 5 and 7 months along. And then I blew up. But only in the belly. I gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy. I was prego for a total of 10 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM

nope no pill that is safe ....up your protein and calorie intake :) and ask your doc aobut it ...i lost ten pounds my first trimester and then gained during me secound and third 

Clasane90
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Thanks. I will def talk to my doctor about it on Tuesday during my appt

Quoting KelliansMom:

nope no pill that is safe ....up your protein and calorie intake :) and ask your doc aobut it ...i lost ten pounds my first trimester and then gained during me secound and third 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I agree, no pills! Up your calorie, carb and protein intakes as well. I lost 8 pounds during my first trimester, so it's not uncommon to lose that weight, and as long as the baby continues to measure healthily at each visit, you have nothing to worry about!

mommy2dallas602
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM
I agree with the previous posts.
(im 15 weeks too btw :) lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashina12
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Yep I agree.. And congrats on your pregnancy..

Quoting MomToovey:

I agree, no pills! Up your calorie, carb and protein intakes as well. I lost 8 pounds during my first trimester, so it's not uncommon to lose that weight, and as long as the baby continues to measure healthily at each visit, you have nothing to worry about!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clasane90
by Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Thanks for the advice every one. I def appreciate it and will take it into consideration!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)