• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant do anything right

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:33 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
So as far as my so says i cant do anything right as far as taken case of our 12 day old son but i an the one that has five siblings and has workde at daycares for years and i an the one that does everything for our son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Why does he feel this way? Without more information, I can't offer any advice, but I do think the 2 of you need to talk and work out how to take care of your son. Good luck, and hugs!

mommyk2011
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM

we was both told by the doctor the nurses and many videos we had to watch that the baby will cry and to make sure they sleep in there crib. she will go and carry him when he needs be in the bed. they all said be careful on how much we hold him due to it will cause bad habits. I did not say she does everything wrong I just think the big thing with her is the hormones and her going back to normal.

I am a brestfeeding....part-time cosleeping.....part-time stay at home mom to Matthew(who will be here soon AND wife to Christopher

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM

you cant spoil an infant ...when a baby crys thats his/her way of comunitcating with you they need to learn how to trust you so carring them and picking them up when they cry its the right thing to do ..i wore my son a lot the first year and he is now a very indapent child that can play by himself and he crawled and walked early ... 

Quoting mommyk2011:

we was both told by the doctor the nurses and many videos we had to watch that the baby will cry and to make sure they sleep in there crib. she will go and carry him when he needs be in the bed. they all said be careful on how much we hold him due to it will cause bad habits. I did not say she does everything wrong I just think the big thing with her is the hormones and her going back to normal.

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life     

MOD  of  Join us in First Time Moms!

mommyk2011
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Well sorry guess the doctor and the people who have years of experence is wrong along with someone who has 6 years in human behaviour is wrong?? from what you said you have 1 kid and he is still young. how can you say he thinks and does on his own when he is 1? really so he cooks his own meals and gets ready for school all by his self? Wow sounds like you went from a parent that over did it to one that neglects her kid all togather. I was saing when the kid has just been given a bottle he just been changed and burped and yes time to cuttle but as soon as he goes to his bed he crys that is him being spoiled. there is a thing called sids and parents that sleep with there new born child doubles there risk when they do that. thats why the hospital and everyone else says not to sleep with the new born. Tell me im wrong and I got 20 others that say I am right and these arent mothers who think they had 1 kid and now an expert this is from people who have worked in the feild for many many years. go to school learn human and child behaviour then we will talk. A baby should be able to sleep in there crib not have to be held the whole time they sleep or they get mad. BTW my grand parents had 10 kids and neaver did they have to do this so did new borns evove and can neaver be laid down without getting mad now? I make sure he is took care of he has food and clean. He is took care of very very well and is doing just fine so I guessthey weamn that think they know may not always be right. Sorry to bust your bubble but you need have more of a background than what you told me before you are even in my leauge.

rekob2011
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Wow honestly if you come on here for advice you shouldn't bash on the ladies that are trying to help you. It doesn't matter if they have 1 child or 20 every mother has advice. If you don't want there advice then I wouldn't post it.

But anyways have you tried laying in the same room with your child? Or trying a pacifier or rocking him to sleep before fallin asleep. I rock my son to sleep in his own rocker until he falls asleep or until he is tired enough to lay down on his own. Good luck but don't be bashing these ladies that are trying to help

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM

wow just offering my advice on what worked for me .....and yes i have only one child but i have a mother who had four and has a masters in this thing called child behaviors and other things too oh and some of the things i have done with my child my own childi's doc said to do also. if you didnt like my advice no need to bash and such just read and move on till you find the advice you were looking for

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Wow. Personal attacks are completely unnecessary. We were just trying to help, and if you didn't want the help, why did you come to us in the first place?

I have a degree in early childhood development, and while I have only been a mother for 2 years, I have been studying the develpment of young children for 9 years. So I'd like to think my words carry some weight. Maybe I'm just tooting my own horn, or maybe I just genuinely care about how babies' minds work. Either way, one thing that I have learned is that no babies are exactly alike. What may work for one baby may not work for another. If you don't want to hold your baby while he sleeps, that's your prerogative. That doesn't mean if another mother does choose to do this, she's wrong. There are a million right ways to raise a child and only one wrong one. As long as the child's needs (food, drink, sleep, etc) are met and the parents do everything they can to love, nurture and protect their children, they are doing a great job. And because it sounds like you are doing that for your son, you have nothing to worry about.

PaintedPanda
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Quoting MomToovey:

Wow. Personal attacks are completely unnecessary. We were just trying to help, and if you didn't want the help, why did you come to us in the first place?

I have a degree in early childhood development, and while I have only been a mother for 2 years, I have been studying the develpment of young children for 9 years. So I'd like to think my words carry some weight. Maybe I'm just tooting my own horn, or maybe I just genuinely care about how babies' minds work. Either way, one thing that I have learned is that no babies are exactly alike. What may work for one baby may not work for another. If you don't want to hold your baby while he sleeps, that's your prerogative. That doesn't mean if another mother does choose to do this, she's wrong. There are a million right ways to raise a child and only one wrong one. As long as the child's needs (food, drink, sleep, etc) are met and the parents do everything they can to love, nurture and protect their children, they are doing a great job. And because it sounds like you are doing that for your son, you have nothing to worry about.

I'm a proud, single, breast pumping, formula supplementing, avid hand washing, and constant cuddling Mom. :)

CafeMom Tickers

mommyk2011
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:01 PM

nothing meant to hurt any feelings. The thing that gets me is how smart kids really are and they do cry when they need something. I dont mean to say what advice she said is wrong or anything I am just saing babies will cry for more than just a need. They learn habits and learn to cry when they are desireing something they dont always need. I dont want him to get bad habits and then when hes 5 and 6 or older and be afarid to be in his own roon. I know from everything we did in the hospital and everything the doctor has said he has already changed his habits of when tocry even when nothing is wrong. IHe is very much loved and cared for all the time he just seems to have a problem sleeping in his bed and we have been told they need sleep on a firm surface on there backs until the age of 2 to prevent sids. nothing meant to atack anyone just a medical point of view.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:09 PM

its okay ...just form what i have learned watching my mom raise my siblines and me rasing my son is that you have to go with your gut and trust that you know best ..the doc dont always know best eighter the degree doesnt give them that .....my son slept on his belly form the time he could roll which was early two months or so...i did follow somethings by the book but the book is for an average child and no one has an average child ...its all a trail and error thing really you try many things till you find something that works 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)