• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st bump on the head

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

My 10 monh old son just got a huge lump on his lil noggin from playing. We were playing on the floor in hubby and mine's bedroom and he fell and smacked his head off the bed frame. Now my poor lil rough houser has a HUGE lump right between his eyes :( Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to keep something cold on it because he will not let us near his head with the icepack....

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM

i made a game out of it for my son ...i lost count of how many goose eggs bruises and bump my son got lol...he even chip a tooth and bit through his lip before he was one ...but i found making a game of it or holding on to my head also at the same time sometimes work ..other times nothing did :(

evamarie12984
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM

BUMP!

Tashina12
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM
I would try making a game of it.. I would also use a frozen bag of peas wrapped in a thin towel so that it's not too hard or cold on his little head..
Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2dallas602
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Aww poor guy. It happens tho, my son is a walking disaster!
Idk how to help tho, weve only had bruises and scrapes so far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I think all that's needed is at least 5-10 minutes on it, even if you keep having to take it on and off, as long as it equals that amount of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM

We made a game of it for our DD too - basically, distracting her from what happened and how much it hurt. She bumped her head so much that it got to the point where if she bumped her head - no matter how hard - she would laugh because she knew we'd make her laugh anyway!

Giraffelove29
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM

well Elijah has fallen wayyy too much to count and today was his first time getting a teeny tiny bruise. It was about the size of a quarter (red and almost purple) so I put butter on it (I know that's weird but my DH's aunt told me it helps bruising) and now its the like O <- that big. Literally. So I'm thinking that the butter did help! So next time as soon as you see it might bruise slap some butter on that bad boy for a few minutes and hopefully it'll work for ya (: 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)