Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a sign of teething?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

My daughter, who is almost 8 months old, has been sleeping through the night in her crib for the past 5 months. However, for the past three nights, every time we try to put her in her crib after getting her to sleep she wakes up crying. After multiple attempts, and several hours, we give up and bring her into bed with us. What is going on?! Is this a symptom of teething, or is it time to start putting her to bed, in her crib, awake, and letting her get herself to sleep?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM

seperation anxiity is what it sounds like my son went through that its normal and  a phase 

as for putting her to bed awake we started that around six or seven months i used the cio method bc all others i tried didnt work but there are many ways to sleep train that dont use cio :) 

pagancuriosity
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Oh, I'm not afraid of the CIO method...we did that with my nephew and it only took him a few days to get used to it, and he's a perfectly normal 4 year old boy. It does break my heart though when she really gets going with the crying.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:44 AM

yea we did it with my son ...and i had to like deep clean the kitchen so i could let him do it ..but three days later and he was all good and still happy now at almost three 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I agree, and the CIO method worked really well for us too. The first night was horrible, but after she went to sleep, she slept the whole night through. We were prepared for another horrible night the next night, but she went right to sleep! She was 7 months old when we did this, she's now almost 2.5 years old and has slept amazingly ever since!

hotmoore
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:04 AM

it could be teething. or if she learned something new then they say that they will get up or be restless because they want to keep doing it.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM

thats true too ..every time my son leaned how to sit up crawl stand up or walk he didnt wan tto sleep the first few nights of learning it

Quoting hotmoore:

it could be teething. or if she learned something new then they say that they will get up or be restless because they want to keep doing it.

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life     

MOD  of  Join us in First Time Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)