Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tap Water?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

My son has used bottled water since he was born. I ran out 3 days ago and after looking online decided to give him tap water. I read that it is safe  after 6 months. Ever since then he has been soooo cranky! He wont sleep at night, maybe 3 hours total! All he does is scream like hes being  chopped in half. During the day he is cranky but its worse at night. He also has been burping and tooting a whole lot. Could this be from the water change? Or just a coincidence?

juggling

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM

it can be...we used tap water form the start and had no issues...(well i flitered it ina britta) 

Ludvik_Smith
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Gosh, I don't know. Personally I never bought into the whole, tap water is bad, thing. (I worried about it for a little bit, but my doctors never told me it was bad to give baby tap water.) City water, that is, I could see why you wouldn't want to give baby well water, or water from the tap if you know you have lead pipes or something. Most bottled water comes from a tap somewhere anyway, right? It doesn't actually come from an untouched, unpolluted natural spring :)

ManaLynx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Do you have a filter on your faucet? He might be reacting to the chemicals in tap water. I haven't heard much about them in regards to babies other than fluoride, but I know I don't like drinking straight tap water so we had to get a filter and it tastes so much cleaner and better :)

Could just be a coincidence though, I have no idea for sure! You could try bottled water again and see if that helps him feel better and then you'll know if it's the water or if there's something else going on.

Tashina12
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:31 AM
I always used bottled or filtered brita bc when I tried regular tap water he reacted the same as your lo. I have no proof that it was the tap water, but he got better when I switched back..
lillucky8
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Dd has always had tap water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabear17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Thanks everyone for the help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)