Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOMEMADE BABYFOOD! piog

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

hey mamas!

im about to start making my sons food at home and was wondering what the best products were. whats the best food processor i can get for my money? whats the yummiest baby food cook book? what should i look out for and what worked for your kids?

im going to be making big batches to share with my friends and family so i need a food processor that will be durable, easy to clean and easy to use (and cheap!).

advice please???

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ArronEvanmomma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM
I love baby love cook book:) the one I dig is kitchen aid food processor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phrenicfire89
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I'm not to the solid food stage yet, but I am preparing to make the baby food. My mom made my youngest siblings baby food and she got me:

The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet - Karin Knight, R.N., Tina Ruggiero, M.S., R.D., L.D.

and Hamilton Beach brand food processor.

Just go to Barnes and Noble and pick out a few books. And go to a bakeware shop. We have a Kitchen Collection in our outlet mall. Its awesome.

lillucky8
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM
I use wholesomebabyfood.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I didn't use any cookbooks, I just made stuff up myself! I used our Magic Bullet to puree the foods. Any blender at all will do the work just as well as a baby food processor. So unless you already have something specifically for baby food, I wouldn't waste my money. If you are making large quantities, try using a blender rather than a Magic Bullet-like appliance because they're bigger!

One thing I do want to say, is that when you steam the veggies (or whatever you're steaming) to puree, make sure you use the water you steamed them in when you blend. The vitamins and minerals seep out of the food and into the water the warmer it gets. Without that water, the food is just mush, not nutritious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)