Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spitting up question...PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

first time mom here so advice is needed...

I started FF my baby and when she eats and after she eats I burp her then i go lay her down, then when I go check on her or she wakes up there is spit up on her and the area where she is sleeping at. I try burping her and waiting a few mintues before laying her down. I've proped up the area where she sleeps and she still spits up.

1. is there a difference in between throwing up the milk & spitting?

2. Could it be the formula?

3. Any other way to prevent her from doing this?

I dont see her doc till 2 weeks from now, just wanted to know what you ladies thought before I call the nurse. I dont know I hate when she spits up, (i hate throwing up, so yeah lol seeing her doing this makes me feel bad for her) THANKS LADIES!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM

feed less more often  and keep her upright for at least 30 min after eating ...

now at three weeks spitting up is normal when to worry is when its projectile and/or she is not gaining weight then it could be reflux ..but really all babies more so formula then breast fed babies do spit up often :)  and they noremaly stop by about six months 

NMMomof1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM

My son did that when he was on the milk based formula. When I transfered him to the soy based formula he did fine. He is 14 months old and he still can't handle milk based products.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I agree with this

Quoting KelliansMom:

feed less more often  and keep her upright for at least 30 min after eating ...

now at three weeks spitting up is normal when to worry is when its projectile and/or she is not gaining weight then it could be reflux ..but really all babies more so formula then breast fed babies do spit up often :)  and they noremaly stop by about six months 

abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:18 PM

you might try  a soy based formula and see if that helps. Also, what type of bottle are you using?

Rosa404
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM

It could be the formula. She might need a more broken down formula like gentel ease. She might just have a sinsitive tummy.  It also depends on how much she is spitting up...does she seem upset or in pain. Is it just a small amout like most babies or is there a puddel...like my baby. My some has acid reflux and has to take meds. He still 'throws up' every time he eat but the doctor said he would grow out of it in probbablty a year or less. Talk to your doctor next time you go up there. Tell dr that you are having conernes. My dr had to do ultrasounds on my son. I hope its not that bad for you i hope its just formula good luck.

aolive
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM
My DS has acid reflux so he use to spit all the time. We changed formula and now he is on meds which really help him. The one thing that really helped was smaller feedings more often. Did the dr mention reflux at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glamorous_mami
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:15 PM

im using dr.browns

Quoting abra:

you might try  a soy based formula and see if that helps. Also, what type of bottle are you using?

glamorous_mami
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM

no. but even when she was born & at fiirst breast feeding she would spit up.

Quoting aolive:

My DS has acid reflux so he use to spit all the time. We changed formula and now he is on meds which really help him. The one thing that really helped was smaller feedings more often. Did the dr mention reflux at all?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)