Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Time Mom & Need Help!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

I have a baby girl who is 9mo old, i breastfed her up to 8mo and then dried up and had to give formula. Currently she still wakes up every 2 hours if not less of the night to feed just like it was during BF, and wants formula if i give her pacifier she cries even more, if i give water then she is awake half hour later.  She falls asleep late around 10pm and is awake by 8am.  During day she eats 1/4 cup infant oatmeal or whole grains cereal for breakfast around 9am, then for lunch at 12pm - 1pm she eats 4oz can of infant veggies and 2.5oz can of infant meat, then around 4pm she will have 2-4oz snack of home made kefir or can of infant fruits depending on her mood, and dinner around 8pm 1/2 cup infant rice cereal.  In between meals she constantly gets formula to drink and even water.  She usually gives me hard time eating breakfast and dinner because she doesn't like the cereals anymore, but for the past 3 months she loved cereals.  And after all that food she still will drink up to 14oz of formula throughout the night waking up all the time!  She is not overweight and not underweight she is currently 21Lbs and 30" long.  How do i get her to sleep longer than 2 hrs at a time at night? Am i doing something wrong? Please help i need all the advice i can get.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:39 PM

she still should be getting most of her nutrients form the formula ...but you can start giving her less oz at night like wean her off of it ...my son stopped taking a night time bottle around eight months but we also did the cio method to to get him to sleep through the night ..he still would wake up most nights but mainly he just wanted his binki after that ...

katesager
by Katie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:46 PM

If she is 9 months, she can be eating other food besides the cereal and oatmeal. If she doesn;t like the oatmeal anymore, she is probably ready for more baby food. I would try giving her that instead of the at night and in the morning. It will probably fill her up more. She also could be going through a growth spurt, and just be needing more food. 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:33 AM

I agree with this!

Quoting KelliansMom:

she still should be getting most of her nutrients form the formula ...but you can start giving her less oz at night like wean her off of it ...my son stopped taking a night time bottle around eight months but we also did the cio method to to get him to sleep through the night ..he still would wake up most nights but mainly he just wanted his binki after that ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)