Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ache/pressure in my vagina

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 431 Total Views
I'm 30 weeks and 4 days and for the past two days I've had a pain in my pelvic/vagina area. It hurts when I roll over in bed and try changing positions (sitting to standing etc.) and when I lift my leg to get dressed. Is this normal or should I see my doc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mjsmom2010
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Could be the baby moving into position. I would call the doc to inform him/her and see what they reccomend.

arj767s
by Ashley on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:57 AM
Google SPD. I had it and it can be very painful. However, it goes away shortly after birth. Sitting on an exercise ball really helps. I watched tv, did homework, and everything on the ball. I got to wear I didn't turn over in my sleep. It hurts, but it's not necessarily something your doctor can do anything about. You might try a chiro that works with pregnant women. That could help as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM
I'm sorry you have pain though. It's no fun. Here's a link to some info. I'm mobile so it may not be clickable.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/symphysis-pubic-dysfunction.aspx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:13 AM

The only time I ever remember having pain down there is when I was going into labor, so based on my experience, I'd call the doctor - if nothing else, for piece of mind. Good luck, momma

emeraldangel20
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:52 PM

it's the baby getting locked and loaded. it happened to me around 30 weeks but she stayed put

jenny1o1
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM

It happened to me too once he turned i think mine was around 32 wks.  it sucked!

katesager
by Katie on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:08 AM

I would call the doctor to be sure, but I had similar stuff going on when I was pregnant,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)