• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitting ?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

Would you let a 12 year old babysit your baby? 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonbabies
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM

no way

kaitlynherring
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Nope. 

tnunley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Depends... I started babysitting when I was 12... My brothers gave me a lot of experience!  My friend has a dd who is 12 and the oldest of 5 children.. She is pretty responsible too.  I guesse it depends on how green they are and how mature they are.

Justine41
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I would say it depends on the age of your baby and how responsible the 12 year old it. I know when I was younger I babysat three kids but one was so young that he was already in bed by the time I got there. The other two were 4/5 and I was 12/13 years old.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM
For me it depends on the child really I was babysitting by that age bit I have three younger sibling and I tool a babysitting class through the red cross so I was CPR trained amOng other stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meowtastic
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I had to babysit my sisters when i was little everyday.

But my own baby, no way. 

Rosxjun88
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I remember I babysat my baby brother when I was 12 actually. I had my big sister, only 1 year older to help me so we took turns. My sister's MIL had this thing where she refused to babysit all 4 of her kids because it stresses her too much, so she only agrees for 2 at a time...where I could easily babysit all 4 of them and be no biggie, well 5 counting my son. Babysitting is not for everyone.

stoddardn8tive
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:02 PM
In the movie "life as we know it" the young girl they call the baby whisperer... She appears to b only 12 or 13 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM

My kids are only 15 and 4 months old BUT if i had a 12 year old no way in hell would she babysit my younger kids. The only time another kid watches my kids are when my niece is keeping an eye on them so i can shower and thats the same house.

ManaLynx
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM

No! My 13 year old cousin and her friend came over last weekend to watch my baby so I could get some stuff done, and even though I was still home and right upstairs I spent all day worrying :/ Neither of them wanted to change her diaper so I had to do it (and it was just pee), and I kept telling them what they should do when she cried, but they didn't do any of it except holding her. That day was sort of a trial run for my cousin who had repeatedly offered to babysit, but there's no way I would leave my baby alone with her now. That is just too young to be taking care of a baby, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)