Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Anxieties...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 152 Total Views

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy at 9 weeks.  I am now 26 weeks along and extremely anxious about going into labor before nine months.  Any suggestions on how to ease my fears?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

It's not uncommon for any mom to fear early labor, whether there's a history of miscarriages or not. Even moms who have had babies before, all delivered on time, still fear going into labor too soon. I think it's just a normal part of pregnancy to fear the worst.

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss, but overjoyed that you are pregnant again - congratulations!

As far as easing your fears goes, I think the best thing to do is talk to your doctor. That's what I did when I was pregnant. No matter what my concern was, no matter how big or small, probable or improbable, I went to my doctor for everything. She had a great way of calming me down and relieving the stress. One time, I had really bad gas...but it didn't really feel like really bad gas, and since I had been told before that labor kind of feels like you need to poop (and I knew I didn't feel like I needed to poop - I wasn't concerned I was going into labor) I thought it might be related. You know, "I feel like it's one thing, but it might be another" deal. I called my doctor and she talked me down from my ledge. She gave me advice on how to relieve the pressure and within the hour I was fine. I know that your concern isn't gas, I was just using that example to let you know that this is what your doctor is for, to answer your questions and calm  your fears.

Good luck to you, momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)