• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

postpartum dep.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 146 Total Views
Hi everyone, I'm victoria.I'm 27 yrs old and I have a 9 month old. Her name is Camille Noelle. My pregnancy and delivery was amazing,but the second day after she was born I started to experience severe sadness. And the symptoms got worse as the days wore on. By the time we brought her home, I was having severe panick attachs with sweating and shaking. The walls would spin, I had loss of appetitie, my breast milk dried up do to depression, sleep deprivation was an understatement. Basically I had to be placed on medication bc it got to the point where I was struggling to take care of baby.
Here's the problem. We want camille to have a sibling so that she won't be alone in the world.my doc said since I had severe ppd this time, he can give me something n my thrid trimester next time to fight it. But I'm still scared to have another baby. That was by far the hardest two months of my life.no family here n charlotte with me.I was alone and very very scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I'm not an expert on this, so don't take what I'm saying as law...but all pregnancies are different. Just because you had PPD with your first child doesn't mean you'll have it with your second. In fact, I have actually never heard of a woman experiencing PPD more than once. I'm sure it's possible, but in my life experience, anyone I know who has ever had it, only had it with one of their children, and never with more than one.

If it were me, I would choose not to take the drug during my third trimester. I would rather have as drug free a pregnancy as possible - but because I've been through PPD before, I can pinpoint it faster if it happens to me again. That way, you can get back on meds after baby is born if you need them. I can't imagine you would, but either way, it's not worth it to pump your developing child with the drug, especially if you don't even know for sure you're going to have it again.

Good luck with the decision, momma. We're here for you if you need anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)