Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your child act after vaccinations?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

My little boy goes tomorrow for his 2 months shots. I'm so nervous. I'm debated for a solid month rather to take him or not and if I should delay any of them. But I guess we're just going to get it all done at once. :\ 

How did your little ones react? How long did they cry? How long did it take them to get back to normal?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csckcck
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:05 AM

we split her shots up so she wouldnt get them all at once.  two shots one week a shot and oral the next week.  first week she cried and was super sleepy all after noon.  the next week she whooped one time but never cried. i held her tight and kissed her as a distraction who knows if thats really what worked lol but she was also super sleepy that day too sleep all day up in eve a few hrs then back to sleep all night

hdecker1217
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Zoie has never had fever or cries more than 5 min after getting shots. She's always taken them like a champ lol but every baby is diff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArronEvanmomma
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:47 AM
They had mild fevers and fussy and super sleepy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
The crying will get to you but it's only momentary. They get over it quickly. For DS, his leg hurts around the injection site for a couple of days. He's also really sluggish that night and the next day. This time (4mo), he got a slight fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinsFanMama
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:59 AM
Not gonna lie, as a FTM, hearing that cry for the first time is soooo hard! But it doesn't last long. I sat my son on my lap facing out and cuddled him tight and kissed hum til it was over. Once I turned him around and held him it only took a minute or two for him to calm down. His legs were sore for a day or so. He slept pretty much the rest of the day and night. Then for 2 days after he fussed and slept more and just wanted to be held. Nothing horrible tho and he was back to normal by the 3rd day. Be sure you have infant tylenol on hand. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:02 AM

he was a bit sleepy ..and like someone else said if he had to get more then two at a time we split them up but that was so i could see and determan a raction and what caused it a bit better ...we go for his three year shots next tuesday :(

Ludvik_Smith
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I've always gotten DD's shots on time. It is very sad! I think Mommy cries more than baby! LOL. But it must be done!

My DD is pretty good with shots. She cries for a short time, like a minute, then she's all good. Just give your LO lots of cuddles.

The very 1st time DD got shots she slept for 12 hours straight afterward! No joke it was amazing! But since that first round they haven't affected her like that, they really don't affect her at all anymore.

CourtneyCS
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:33 PM
My dd was fine only cried for a few mins and had no side effects
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

My DD never got any of her vaccinations, but here's a bump.

Arizona77
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MomToovey:

My DD never got any of her vaccinations, but here's a bump.

I dont want to vaccinate either.  If I do I plan on spreading them out maybe after my baby is a year or so.  Kinda torn on the issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)