Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He fell

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 376 Total Views
I always had my 5 month old nap in his boppy on the couch. I knew I wasn't "supposed to" but he liked it and wasn't too mobile. I also watched him. Anyway, this morning I went to get something in the hallway while he was napping and was gone for a second. I hear him crying like he was startled and thought one of the dogs jumped on him (which has never happened). However, he was on the floor. He fell. He's ok but I am shaky and feel sooo bad. I knew it was getting to a point where I wouldn't be able to let him nap that way, but I didn't want it to end this way. I know he's 100% ok but I feel horrible. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 AM
It's horrible the first fall they have. My ds fell out of his high chair basically onto concrete. He had a black eye and a bump on his forehead. I was so worried we took him to the ER. Everything was fine. But we now know to be more diligent in securing out little guy.
You're not a bad mom. It will happen again at some point. Just be ready to cuddle and kiss it better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Thank you! I'm so glad he slid off instead of rolling off. The blanket went with him so his head didn't hit the floor or anything. I feel pretty lucky!

Quoting ConnorMom228:

It's horrible the first fall they have. My ds fell out of his high chair basically onto concrete. He had a black eye and a bump on his forehead. I was so worried we took him to the ER. Everything was fine. But we now know to be more diligent in securing out little guy.

You're not a bad mom. It will happen again at some point. Just be ready to cuddle and kiss it better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:08 AM

The exact same thing happened to me! I want to say DD was about 4 months old and she rolled right out of the boppy and onto the floor. As soon as I went to her and picked her up, she stopped crying. No bumps or bruises, nothing. She was perfectly fine! However, *I* was completely torn up! I sat holding onto her and crying for about 10 minutes before I was finally able to calm down! It's horrible! But let me tell you, it is not the last time he's going to fall. And sometimes there will be big boo-boos and sometimes there won't be. But it's going to happen. A lot! And thankfully, you learn not to let it tear you up inside each time it happens! Glad to hear he's fine, and hopefully you'll recover soon, too!

briesmomisback
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Omg DDa first fall was terrible!! I was gone for a sec and she crawled right off the bed!! I felt like such a shitty mom for going to the bathroom. She was about 5 or 6 months. Worst feeling ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I totally know that horrible feeling you have! I think we all do :) My DD has, believe it or not, never fallen off the couch because at about 4 months I just got way too nervous leaving her on there even for a second while my back was turned so I stopped letting her nap there or sit there alone, even though she couldn't roll yet. She has, however fallen off the bed and as a mom you just feel so stupid but in the end everything is okay and we all learn a nice little lesson from it!

I'm glad your LO is alright :) 

625Patty
by Patty on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't worry mama it will happen to everyone he just wanted to get a head start on the bumps and bruises.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Same here. Dd was about 6 months and dh had sat her on the bed in her boppy while I went to the bathroom and he cleaned up the kitchen. O guess she leaned over and started rolling because as I leaned over to check on her I watched her roll right over the side of the bed. There's no way I could stop it :(

Quoting briesmomisback:

Omg DDa first fall was terrible!! I was gone for a sec and she crawled right off the bed!! I felt like such a shitty mom for going to the bathroom. She was about 5 or 6 months. Worst feeling ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRach73
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Aw, momma. Youre not a bad mom! This will be the first fall of many. I put ds in his bumbo chair on the couch when he was 5 months. I went to the bathroom lightning fast, came back and he was crying on the floor. Now he is pulling up on furniture and sometimes he falls and hits his head on the legs of the furniture. He has a gnarly bruise from eating it hard yesterday. Nothing that cuddles and kisses cant help fix!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRach73
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Right side of his forehead :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM

the falls are the hardest on us i think then on them ...my husband laid our son down on the sofa one time poor kid rolled right off and then once he started walking it was a new bump every other day :( our goal is no er visit before age five lol we have made it to three but he does have a chipped tooth and scars on his lip from the tooth getting chipped :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)