• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts on...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 574 Total Views

Pacifiers?

If you have your child, has your opinion changed since having your baby?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlliJadesmama
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I honestly love the damn things. My DD has had one since day one and she is now almost 14 months. Its a life saver. But she seems to be sorta growing out of it. I mean if it's on her ( we have a clip to clip it on her so we don't lose it) then she will use it but if it's not in sight she doesn't seem to need/want it. I'm kinda ehh because by 2 I want her off it completely. But I love them especially for naps car rides and bedtime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I wasn't all about it but I didn't want him to find his thumb. Soo we use it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM

i dont see anything wrong with them some babies like them some dont but the one thing i do feel is after 2 and maybe 3 a child should not have one anymore or at least not in public

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

it worked for my son :) i dont have an issue with them and getting my son to break the habit was easy

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Before having my daughter, I wasn't against pacifiers, but I definitely didn't plan on letting my child become dependent on it and use it for very long. Then when I had my daughter, pacifiers were the only thing that soothed her teething pain, so I let her have it as much as she wanted. Aaaand, she ended up using it until her 2nd birthday. We've now been almost a full year without them and I love it! Pictures are so much better without that darn thing in her mouth!

Ludvik_Smith
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Even before my daughter was born I decided I didn't want to introduce her to pacifiers. I never did and she's never used one, ever, and we've gotten by just fine.

I did, however, breastfeed and I'd say that I was a pacifier at times, which isn't always fun, but we got through it :) 

625Patty
by Patty on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Quoting arj767s:

I wasn't all about it but I didn't want him to find his thumb. Soo we use it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM

my dd never took one

fahmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM
It was helpful while we used them. We used them from about 5 weeks to 4-5 months. It helped to keep him from using me as a pacifier all the time. He is 9.5 mo now and I'm all the pacifier he uses. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I didn't want to do it but after my son was born he was having a hard time sucking and the paci was the best thing to help him and now I love it cuz it soothes him at night!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)