Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your.....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 239 Total Views
Birth story??
Who what where when and a little about your experience..
If your anything like mr I can tell this story a million times.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I went in to be induced at 37 1/2 weeks. I had gd and they thought that ds was already 8 1/2 lbs at 36 weeks. Being a new mommy I didn't realize I could have told my ob that I wanted to wait. I went in September 8th, 2010 and they started to induce me that night. The next morning they broke my water and I labored for about 6 hours when both nurses and my doctor came rushing into my room because his heart rate dropped to low. They ended up putting me on oxygen and after that I wasn't able to get my focus back during contractions and ended up asking for an epidural. My ob came in a couple times and said that they're monitoring his heartrate since it continuously kept dropping too low during and after each contraction. She told me that they'd monitor us another hour and if his heartrate didn't stop dropping I'd have to think about doing a c-section. I started crying since I wanted to avoid that as much as possible. My dh, sil and mil were in the room with me and my mil really helped me understand that while it wasn't the birth plan I'd wanted the most important thing was a happy and healthy baby. By about 4:30 I was heading back to the operating room. I ended up throwing up in my hair! Seeing my hubby when he got back there I'd finally calmed down a little bit. At 4:55 my ob said that ds was here! I panicked just a little bit when I didn't hear him cry right away but when I heard that wail for the first time I lost it! There were no words for what I was feeling when I finally saw him for the first time. I wasn't able to hold him until I was in recovery but it felt incredible!

Wow that got a little long lol

by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I scheduled my induction for 39 weeks.  We got to the hospital around 8pm on Dec. 6. They started me on the cerdivil, and told me that in the morning they would give me pitocin. The pain got pretty bad but I wasn't dilated enough for an epidural so they gave me some other meds. Around 7am the next morning they took out the medicine and told me that they would give me the pitocin soon. I asked them if they would check me again because they hadn't checked in a few hours. It turns out I was already 8 cm, so they said they would go ahead with the epidural. It felt like she was going to come out, but she hung in there long enough for me to get it. After a couple of pushes, my Dr. told me that her hearbeat was dropping every time I pushed (I learned later that it was in the 40's) so we didn't have a lot of time to get her out. They took me to the OR and said that they may have to do a c-section. I started panicking because I was worried about her, and because I really didn't want a c-section (I almost had a full blown panic attack in the OR, it was pretty bad). Finally my Dr. told me that if I could get her out within the next two pushes he wouldn't have to do the surgery. It hurt like hell, but with the use of a suction we finally got her out.  My baby girl was delivered at 8:50 am on Dec. 7. They checked her out and said she was okay, then handed her to my dh. When they were wheeling me to my room, my dh handed me her to me and as I held her for the first time I started crying, I was so relieved she was finally here. 

by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

 I had Braxton Hicks contractions every day, about 5-6 times a day from 13 weeks right up to labor. My labor contractions were different, but not more intense or more painful. I can't even describe it. But after feeling BH contractions 5-6 times a day every day for 26 weeks, I just knew it wasn't the same thing. DH and I started timing them, and they were only 9-11 minutes apart at the time. It was 20 hours later that they were finally 5-6 minutes apart consistently for an hour, so we headed to the hospital.

It was busy at the hospital, so I had to stay in triage for over 3 hours before I could finally get to my L&D room. But I did and then asked for an epidural. It was my plan all along to get one - less about the pain, and more about wanting to be able to rest up before the big moment and have nothing but the baby in mind during pushing. It was successful.

They put me on pitocin as well and shortly after baby's heart rate dropped, so they stopped the pitocin. Once her heart rate was regulated, they put it back on and there were no problems with that since.

At 7 cm, the doctor came in and broke my water for me. That's when they noticed her head was cocked to the side. I had to spend 3 hours rolling side to side every half hour to get her head straightened out, or I'd need an emergency c-section. Thankfully, she straightened her head and all was well.

Then her head started pushing against my cervix. It was so painful I acutally threw up twice. That's when the anesthesialogist gave me something else (don't remember the name) to take the edge off. That took away the pain completely.

14 hours after being admitted into the hospital, the nurses said it was time to push. The epidural had worn off enough that I could feel that the contractions were happening, but not to the point that I felt any pain, so I was able to get the baby out in just 15 minutes and it was all pain free. The doctor placed her on my belly and I got to hold her for the first 5 minutes of her life before she was taken to be cleaned.

She was born with the cord wrapped around her neck, so the doctor had to cut it, not DH which was our plan. And I did end up needing an episiotomy, so while the nurses were weighing and cleaning her, I was getting stitched up.

I gave birth at 39 weeks 4 days, February 6, 2009 at 10:32am. She was 6 pounds 4 oz and 19.5 inches long.

Now she's 3 years old, 37.5 inches tall and 28.5 pounds. :)

by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM

 I can tell my story a million times too. I think people are sick of hearing it.

A backstory: since I was 19 weeks pregnant I had BH contractions daily, the closer to delivery the more I got. (Sometimes 30 in a day). I also had two bags of water (no, I did not have twins - ever that I know of). I was very active my whole pregnancy and worked 5xweekly. My son never dropped so my stomach was always high and perky.

So 7pm on my due date (aug3) me and DH took a 2 mile walk. I was having lots of BH contractions, and might of pushed myself a little bit harder because I wanted that baby out! Went to bed at 11pm, no sign of baby. (That day I had my 40week appointment and the MW said there was no way I would go into labor since I was high and closed.
1am (aug4) woke up with blood everywhere. I didn't really notice the contractions until I cleaned up. Got out the timer, I was already having them 2 min apart. Tried to play video games, eat cereal, watch TV - I just couldn't since contractions took all my attention. Called doula and said to meet at hospital.
3am we arrive and I am already measuring 7cm. Things progress. I walk around, eat crackers, try and pee between contractions (In fear of going during delivery). 10am rolls around , contactions are about 1 minute apart and I am at 9.5cm. We walk around more and no progress. Sat in the bath tub and that only slowed me down so we got back out.
1pm comes and my first bag breaks. There is a gush of water. Jude is still very high up. Contractions are still coming hard and strong. Doula makes me get up and walk because laying down wasn't helping. I try squatting.
3pm I feel like I am in "transition". I have the urge to push. I am still at 9.5cm - MW says it is OK to push but pointless since my son was still so high up. The only way for me to releive the pain through the contraction was to push. I was squatting and pushing and screaming. Started falling asleep between contractions.
5pm MW comes in (I am onto my 2nd MW due to shift change) and says I might need c-section since my baby is "too big" and wont come down the birth canal. I recieve my first drip of pit. I try laboring standing up and swaying. My doula was squeezing my hips at this time.
7pm, still sitting at 9.5 with a bulging water and I finally cry to my DH and give up. I get the epidural.
10pm I get a new MW due to shift change. She warns me we need to break the water because baby and mom have been laboring too long and we need to see the baby come down. They break my 2nd bag.
10:31pm Jude has arrived after 5 pushes + assistance with vac.

7lbs 11oz 

I love my birth story. My contractions came hard and fast. Everyone thought I would have my son that morning. So did I. Can't believe I labored that long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)