Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Was It Like?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 426 Total Views

When you first met your baby? I've read some stories and talked to my mom about it, but I'm insanely impatient to know what it will be like when I meet my Gabriel, so I want to know what it was like for other Mommy's when they met their baby for the first time. Did you recognize them, or was it like a stranger? Did you feel the connection, or did that take time to form? Were you happy, or just tired? Did you want to hold them, or just get some sleep? Share your first time meeting stories for me?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregers2011
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had my daughter, I was rushed to have an emergency c-section.  I was crying through the whole thing and throwing up also.  They had to sedate me.  When I first heard her cry, it was the most amazing thing that I have ever heard in my life.  Then I blacked out for awhile because of how drugged up I was.  But when I finally came to I looked over and saw my fiance holding her next to me, and I was in the recovery room.  When I finally got to hold her, I was the happiest person in the world.  I started crying and just stared at her.  She was exactly what I had imagined.  It felt like I knew her forever.  It was the best thing to finally get to meet the little thing that was growing inside of me.  She is still amazing now that she is only 3 months old.  I still can't believe how perfect she is.

JakobsMommie
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

When i had my son it was amazing. I had to have a C-Section for medical reasons so I was unable to hold him. I got a quick glance and they took him away to weigh and clean him. Then once the surgery was over I had to wait even longer before holding my little man. I was so worried that we wouldnt have that bond that would come if i was able to hold him right away. By the time the meds wore off and I wasnt numb from the shoulders down they brought him in. It was the happiest moment of my life. The second i got to gaze at him i knew he was mine. No strange feelings there. The flood of emotions is crazy but wonderful at the same time! Here is a picture of me getting to hold my bundle of joy for the first time. AMAZING FEELING!!

Baby8901
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I dreamed about my son and he looked just like I had dreamed. Labor was the most amazing thing! I knew I was finally going to meet my little man. His cry was the best sound I ever heard. :) as soon as they handed him to me, I fell in love, it is the absolute most amazing feeling in the world when you finally meet the little person you've been "cooking" for so long. It was the best day of my life, from the moment he was born, nothing came before him, I can't imagine loving anyone as much as I do my little Benji :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM
This is EXACTLY how it went for me except I had a failed induction resulting in a c-section. He was also a big baby so they had to run tests. It's an amazing feeling!! Honestly though, I never thought about him crying. That was the strangest part to me and a moment I'll never forget...the sound of his voice.

Quoting JakobsMommie:

When i had my son it was amazing. I had to have a C-Section for medical reasons so I was unable to hold him. I got a quick glance and they took him away to weigh and clean him. Then once the surgery was over I had to wait even longer before holding my little man. I was so worried that we wouldnt have that bond that would come if i was able to hold him right away. By the time the meds wore off and I wasnt numb from the shoulders down they brought him in. It was the happiest moment of my life. The second i got to gaze at him i knew he was mine. No strange feelings there. The flood of emotions is crazy but wonderful at the same time! Here is a picture of me getting to hold my bundle of joy for the first time. AMAZING FEELING!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakobsMommie
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

yeah i remember hearing him whail but i was heavily medicated so its a vague memory. i look at my little one and hes almost a year now and its hard to believe how fast they grow up!

Quoting arj767s:

This is EXACTLY how it went for me except I had a failed induction resulting in a c-section. He was also a big baby so they had to run tests. It's an amazing feeling!! Honestly though, I never thought about him crying. That was the strangest part to me and a moment I'll never forget...the sound of his voice.

Quoting JakobsMommie:

trfgirl56701
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I ended up having a c-section so I was freaking out and crying. I ended up throwing up from the meds and stress. I calmed down a bit after they brought my hubby back there. When they said he was here I started to smile but then got worried that he didn't cry right away. But when I heard that wail I started bawling! When I saw him the first time I was completely overwhelmed. I knew that I loved him with everything but I didn't realize how much that actually was lol. I wasn't able to hold him until I was in recovery but it was so great.

LilStacy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM
My first reactions were, is she healthy, is she still a girl, and wow she looks so big how did she fit n my belly!...she was 6.15lbs lol but looked big to me!...n I jus had to keep reminding myself that she's all mine, all those kicks I felt, it was her, n she was finally here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM

When she first came out and I saw her for the very first time it was like, "Oh, there she is! That's my daughter!" And I immediately started crying. I got to hold her right away...I don't think I've ever cried tears of happiness like that ever before :) 

Courtney81181
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM

My labor was 36.5hrs. long & we had some complications at the very end & they had to call in a dr. from home to proceed with an emergency vacuum assist. My son had the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around his neck & was sunny side up. It was a very difficuly labor but worth EVERY SINGLE SECOND when I finally got to hold him. I was so scared for a few minutes there that when I got to hold him, it was such a rush of happiness, relief, love. It was absolutely amazing. He looked right up at me & we smiled at each other. He stopped crying like he knew exactly who I was. He looked exactly like I had pictured! I remember kissing the little area btwn. his eye & his nose & I'll never forget how he smelled. Truly amazing :)

Toxic_Fool
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
For me it was a very overwhelming feeling. I had labored with my son from 1am until 9:30pm only to find out there was absolutely no way he was coming out vaginal. He was too big for my hips (thanks mother). When he came out all I heard was this weird gremlin but then it turned into a normal baby cry. I think it was weird sounding at first because he had fluid or something in his breathing areas. But anywho since it was a c-section I didn't see him immediately. My husband got to and he started crying and telling me how beautiful he was and how much he loved me and thanked me for giving him the perfect son. That was the most overwhelming part because I've never seen him cry and he kept saying he wouldn't and so it was very emotional plus not being able to see my baby but to hear him screaming was very hard. When I did get to meet him I didn't trust myself to hold him because I was shaking so hard, but my husband brought his lil head down and I got to kiss him. When I did he opened his eyes and started wiggling in my husband's arms. It was definitely love at first sight prob even love at first scream. He is now almost 3weeks old and such an amazing LO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)