Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

...sad...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 298 Total Views
I have been feeling for the past few months that I need to change or accomplish something for myself.. I have no idea what will make me happy anymore.. Does anyone have any suggestions or help??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

can you get to a gym? or work out form home ...getting moving does wonders for changing of moods and lefting you up ...maybe try a zumba dvd 

LindsayM3
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I feel the same sometimes. My dh has his job, friends and hobbies and I feel like I gave everything up. I have been out of a full time job for aver 2 years, all my friends are in other states and I do nothing now that I am pregnant. I became a scentsy consultant to give me something to do and bring in some money, and it has done both and I love it, but i still feel like I need something else. I just can't figure out what it is either. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ludvik_Smith
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree that exercise can help pull you out of a funk.

But ultimately what you should be trying to do is get yourself to adjust your attitude towards yourself and your life. It's easy as a mom to feel like we gave up something, or that we're not as important because we aren't career oriented or because we don't have lots of friends, but in reality, what we do is so very important. Every tiny little thing you do every day affects your child...he/she is always learning from you, you are shaping him/her into the adult he/she will someday be, and if you ask me, that's pretty huge! It's a huge responsibility and a wonderful gift that us mothers have.

In the past I've felt inadaquate, sad, down on myself, felt like I should be accomplishing something, but now every day I live my life in a way that I want my daughter to live. I feel if I want her to have high self-esteem then I have to set an example...I want her to be happy therefore I have to be happy, too. If I die tomorrow I want her memories of me to be of me smiling and laughing. That's really all that's important right now.

Change your attitude and the rest kind of falls into place. When you feel good about yourself, no matter what it is you're doing, then you are more motivated to try new things, put yourself out there...it takes time, just take it day by day, and always be aware of how your LO is seeing you.

:)

ShoesMOM
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

do you have time to learn something new sewing maybe? scrapbooking? karate? gardening? skateboarding?maybe you could join one of those jogging stroller mommy groups? maybe you could go to college?

claudiaf17
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Gym is a great way to keep busy hang in there congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudShammy3
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I agree with PP, perhaps a gym membership or trying out work out DVDs? Some simple (and fun ones) are ones such as Turbo Jam Cardio Party. Turbo Jam isn't as seroius as the raving P90X or 30DS.

Also, have you thought of picking up a new hobby? I recently started painting (after a DIY project off of Pinterest) and I am now hooked and been painting and giving them away ever since!

LLMann2
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Zumba!  Great workout and even more fun with friends because you're laughing at how horrible you are...and laughing is the best medicine, correct? 

I've been feeling a bit blue lately too...I even tried to learn how to crochet...which without someone to teach you is really hard and I ended up throwing the yarn and hook into the wall...Zumba has been a lot of fun for me....I also try to do yoga as a way to relax and just focus on me...

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Exactly this. I had the same struggle (I'm sure we all have at one point or another) and I found that doing everything with a smile on my face and promoting a happy, confident home, I'm giving the world a great gift by raising a happy confident girl!

Quoting Ludvik_Smith:

I agree that exercise can help pull you out of a funk.

But ultimately what you should be trying to do is get yourself to adjust your attitude towards yourself and your life. It's easy as a mom to feel like we gave up something, or that we're not as important because we aren't career oriented or because we don't have lots of friends, but in reality, what we do is so very important. Every tiny little thing you do every day affects your child...he/she is always learning from you, you are shaping him/her into the adult he/she will someday be, and if you ask me, that's pretty huge! It's a huge responsibility and a wonderful gift that us mothers have.

In the past I've felt inadaquate, sad, down on myself, felt like I should be accomplishing something, but now every day I live my life in a way that I want my daughter to live. I feel if I want her to have high self-esteem then I have to set an example...I want her to be happy therefore I have to be happy, too. If I die tomorrow I want her memories of me to be of me smiling and laughing. That's really all that's important right now.

Change your attitude and the rest kind of falls into place. When you feel good about yourself, no matter what it is you're doing, then you are more motivated to try new things, put yourself out there...it takes time, just take it day by day, and always be aware of how your LO is seeing you.

:)

mrs.heidi
by Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM
thank you! my husband and I are going to start going to the gym and I'm going to try and find a project for myself.. I hope I get out of this funk soon..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I agree with everyone! Exercise and finding a hobby will help. And it doesn't help that it's winter if you live somewhere cold! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)