Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young mamas

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 509 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Young being under 20. How old were you (or will you be) when you had your LO? Was your pregnancy planned or accidental? Is your BD in your LO's life? How did you tell your parents? Do you feel like you will miss out on anything you would have otherwise been able to do without a baby? Would you change anything?

There are stereotypes for both young and older moms. What is nice about cm is that we can break through these stereotypes. It's great that we can give each other a window into the "other side" so to speak!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Bump!

625Patty
by Patty on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TishaLeigh
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I just  have a question I am 24 and had my DD at 23 the yong moms post says under 20 but the older moms post says 25 and over so what am I lol ??

arj767s
by Ashley on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Average? Lol. Idk. I thought about that but the posts are about combatting stereotypes and I guess you're in the "normal" range. Unless you disagree? I didn't know what questions to ask. :(

Quoting TishaLeigh:

I just  have a question I am 24 and had my DD at 23 the yong moms post says under 20 but the older moms post says 25 and over so what am I lol ??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TishaLeigh
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Lol thats fine I agree Im in the normal I was married young but waited about 4  yrs of marriage to have my DD so yeah pretty normal here :)

Quoting arj767s:

Average? Lol. Idk. I thought about that but the posts are about combatting stereotypes and I guess you're in the "normal" range. Unless you disagree? I didn't know what questions to ask. :(

Quoting TishaLeigh:

HisBabyGirl0312
by Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I was 16 when I had my son, turned 17, 3 months after I had him. My pregnancy was far from planned, I actually had BC failure. His father and I are still together & he is actively in Raymond's life. I told my mom thru a text message that I thought I might be pregnant so we called the doctor and she was in the room when we got the results. I do miss out on a lot of stuff, but I don't at the same time because alot of stuff at school I didn't even want to go to and now this gives me a good reason. I wouldn't change anything for the world :)
Ahyb
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Well I am exactly 25 and I feel like a young mom. :(

recovered55
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I had just turned 22 when I had my son. I consider that young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudShammy3
by Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I just turned 20 in December but I was pregnant when I was 18 and had my son when I was 19. I still feel very young. It stinks, because all my mommy friends are about 25+. They don't treat me like I am young, which that is nice, but I want some, dare I say, friends who are as "immature" as me? (Not that young mothers are immature, but I just don't feel "old" like 30yo lol)
Well I was actually engaged in July of 2010. So I knew that I would be with DH forever. (We are lucky on that note) So in August I bought my wedding dress, had it fitted (altered) etc etc. Sent out STD's and had the church and reception hall reserved for March 2011. December 2011 we found out we were expecting. Total surprise and I was devistated. I cried becaues 1)When I imagined my married life I imagined me and my husband getting to be alone for a very very long time. I didn't want a kid until I was like 25. 2) I had no idea if I would fit into the dress I ALTERED to fit me when I was NOT pregnant. I ended up being 20 weeks pregnant on my wedding day, I fit in my dress, and literally popped the week after. It was meant to be.

My father was upset and my mothers side of the family does not talk to me anymore. We sent them xmas cards but they didn't send us any (which they usually do and did last year) I get it, they are hard core Roman Catholic and ever since my mom passed away I have been a "trouble child". They were not very happy with me getting married at 19 as it was.

I feel like I missed out on a lot. There are still days I get very upset because I feel trapped. But I know there is a plan for everything and I would not change having my son for the world. It has brought me and DH even closer together emotionally (further away sexually haha). But I have been looking at the positive side of things and being a young mom has a lot of perks! First of all, back in the day this WAS the way to have children because we are in our prime.

hiswifey92
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

i will be 21 when he comes! and it wasnt planned or by accident i think it was an act of god (we talked about having kids, but we didnt know when exactly! and my hubby is very active in his life.. he goes to every appointment and he makes sure that we are ok! and no not really.. i will have my degree a month after he comes so no worries.. we are highly ready there is no debt and his job is good so no going out anytime soon and nope i love where life has taken me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)