Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Stories!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 212 Replies
  • 40933 Total Views
5 moms liked this

 Share your story of how you brought your little bundle of joy into the world!

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Toddlers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner)
Real Housewives of Cafemom (Head Admin), Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanksgiving night . My husband and I went to my mom and step dads house first for thanksgiving.we were in the entryway and I thought I peed myself. So my mom gave me some new undies and a overnight pad.( I didnt know what it would feel like when my water broke) So we went upstairs to talk and then the contrations started. My husband says go call the dr so I did. They said get to the hospital within the hour we did. They checked me and I was dialating and yes my water broke. That was at 1pm they trywd to stop my labor (my water broke 7 weeks early I was only 32 and 4 days along .we were at the hospital all day. It was about 830pm I finally said I couldnt take the pain anymore. My Dr checked my I was dilated to 1 and 1/2 but heres the kicker my daughter was breach and tipped to the left. Emergency C section was in my future they weeled my in after they got me all hooked up with meds and made me numb. My husband was aloude to come into the room .our daughter was born at 9:27pm at 4pounds 15 and a 1/2 oz. 7 weeks early .She was in the NICU for 2weeks before she got to come home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM
5 moms liked this

My contractions started on friday 11/11/11 at 2am. By 5 am my contractions were hurting me so badly that I finally woke up my DF and asked to go to the hospital. We got there at 6am and was only dialated 2cm so they made me walk for an hour and checked me again still no progress so they sent me home. Still friday I walked my house all day and my contractions were still the same, painful. By 6am Saturday morning I was in tears on the toilet crying to my DF that I was in pain. I sat on the toilet for 2 hours, I don't know why but it was the most comfortable spot that I found! My mother called and I was crying on the phone and threw the phone cause I couldn't talk, finally she told my DF just to take me. Reason me and DF were debating on going is that we didn't want to get sent back home again. So at the hospital again at 10am and only dialated 3cm! I was so upset. But the doctor came in and said they were keeping me because I was in so much discomfort! YES! 12pm I got my drugs! By 11pm that night the gave me pitocin cause I was only dialated 5cm. It didn't work. 3am Sunday morning they were deciding to prepare me for a c-sections but I cried to my nurse that I did not want a c-sections so she worked her magic and kept me moving in bed, fliped me every 20 mins. By the time my doctor got there i was 8 cm and said to wait. At 6am my DF was drinking coffee and NEVER drinks coffee to stay awake. He started to turn white! Throwing up in the bathroom! 8 am I was ready to push and my DF was back into the bathroom! Thank goodness I asked my mom to stay in the room cause she was holding my leg and my DF was too faint was sitting front row and center to the show! lol Who told me that he did not want to watch before all this! When I was pushing it was at that moment my meds decided to quit working! I felt everything! Even though my legs were still numb I still felt my son's face coming thru! Our son arrived at 8:38am 11/13/11! So I was in labor from Friday 2am to Sunday 830am! Long long long labor! :-)

by Stephanie on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Wednesday, 12/22/10, I woke up in what I thought was a puddle of pee.  DH said it was my water that broke.  Of course I said no way, she's too early.  She's not due till 2/4/11.  He went off to work and I tried to go back to sleep.  He came back home by 8:30am and I got in the shower.  We decided to go to the hospital just to make sure everything was ok.  Got there and they tested me 4 times before deciding that yeah my water did break (they didn't believe me).  Because I was at 33 weeks and 5 days they decided to keep me.  Finally sometime Saturday, 12/25/10 (yeah Christmas day) I started having contractions.  Or at least that's what I said they were, the doc and nurses didn't believe me.  Finally right around dinner time one nurse believed me that I was having contractions.  I got an epidural around 10pm but it didn't work, my legs never got numb or anything like that.  Come to find out, DD's head was already past the point to where the epidural would do any good.  Unfortunately my mother and father stayed in the room with DH and I (I wish I could take that back).  If it weren't for the nurse and DH, I would have gotten up out of the bed and walked home (or at least that's what I told them, lol).  I felt EVERYTHING.  Finally Samantha was born at 3:56am on Sunday, 12/26/10, 4lbs 11oz and 18in long.  My placenta wouldn't come out, so the doctor put her arm (yes whole arm) up in me to get it out.  I don't remember much after that because the nice nurse gave me demerol :).  So I was in the hosptial for almost 5 days before DD was born then they kicked me out on Tuesday.  Samantha was referred to as the blizzard baby in the NICU.  Since she was 6 weeks early, she was kept in the NICU of one hospital for 3 weeks then transferred to another NICU for another week.  So 6 weeks early, 4 weeks in NICU.  But now you'd never know she was a preemie, she's gigantic! 22lbs, 34in long.

by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Last Thursday my doctor began the process of inducing me with cervadil. And Friday morning started me on pitocin. At 8 or 9 Friday night... I'm not sure which, I started pushing and after 2 hours my doctor decided I should have a c-section. And it was good he did since my DD was wedged and not gonna come naturally. So at 12:41 on Feb 11th my little.girl came into the world.
by Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I had been having mild contractions for about 3 weeks, finally went on maternity leave at 38.5 weeks along. I practically begged my dr to just induce me already, i was so big and so done! lol. But he kept sayin "come back next week and if you're still pregnant we'll talk about options''. So i was ticked (despite knowing possible problems with inductions) but held on. On 6/6/11 (39wk 5d) at about 10pm i felt my contractions getting stronger than they had been but I could still sleep through them, woke up at 4am (6/7/11) and couldn't sleep anymore, ate some Goldfish crackers and threw them up again. :) Called mom (who was at my house, i was with my bff, 1 mile down the road) and told her I was in enormous amounts of pain (5:30am) so she grabbed bags and stuff and came and got me as the sun was rising (she insisted on stopping back at the house for pineapple... i was like 'eff the pineapple mom! i'm in PAIN' lol), my bff dropped off his wife at work and followed us to the hospital. They checked me in (7am), checked me, told me I was at a 3 and monitored me for an hour(?) and then sent me home with sleeping drugs. Slept in the car, and for 15 min. at home.. Threw up the meds and managed to hold out for another hour before goin back up there. About 11am got checked in again and got to stay, got some mild painkillers, slept some, bout 6-7p a dr (one of my dr's buddies) broke my water for me, bout 10 or 11 (idk!) i gave in and got an epi. I REALLY didn't want one (and realize now that i was soooo close) but no one told me i couldn't... My sis showed up (literally JUST made it into town on her way through to Cali) shortly before the epi and helped me stay calm. At 2am (6/8/11) the nurse checked me and said i was ready, so i tried but i was too numb still. Slept some more, about 4am woke up wanting to push, tried but got told not to (they were concerned about her hr), 4:45a they let me try and used a vacuum, at 5:07am (bc says 5:08) she was born! Phoenyx Zhiana Renee, 8lb 5oz, 20in. :) Born on my sis's dd's 2nd bday. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Brandy - Group Owner on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

The day before my due date I was determined to get this baby out so dh and I went for a LONG walk...while we were out I started having mild contractions so I just kept on walking until they were coming pretty regularly.  Then I went home and timed them for a while (at this point they were pretty mild but coming at regular 12-15 minute intervals)  We tried to relax and watch some tv.  (I probably should have went to sleep but I was too excited)  By about 2 am they were coming every 5 minutes but still not that strong.  I called my mom she said I should go to the hospital and get checked.  So we went but I was only 1 and half centimeters so they sent me home and told me to go to my dr's appointment the next day.  By the appointment the next day at 2 pm I was in excruciating pain...The contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes and I wasn't really getting any relief between contractions.  I went to my appointment I was only 2 cm (I was pissed!) but she sent me to the hospital anyway (checked in at 3 pm).  I was in a lot of pain and wanted to get in the tub but my nurse was being lazy, at 6pm my doctor finally showed up ( she checked my progress...only 2 and a half cm!) and got them to get me in the tub. The water was amazing, I finally could relax a little!  After about 5 minutes in the tub my dr came and told me, if I got out now I could get an epidural (the anesthesiologist was already waiting) so I got out and got the epidural.  I didn't feel a thing from there on out.  About an hour after the epidural (7 pm) the dr broke my water and I had jumped to 8 cm! An hour later I was at 10!  I had to wait about an hour to push because my dr. was delivering another baby.  I pushed for about 2 and half hours!  And ended up having to have an assisted delivery (she had to use the vacuum thing) but finally at 2:34 am (it was now the day after my due date) after 36 hours of labor, Lynzie Kay was born. She weighed 8 lbs and was 19 and 3/4 inches.  All I could think was how perfect she was!  I completely forgot how tired I was and spent the rest of the night awake just holding her and staring at her little face! 

by New Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I was living in janesville, wi at the time and I  worked the night it started for me until 9pm on 07/23/2011. I  also was scheduled to work the noc shift at my other job as a private homecare aid well i drove to my other place of work and as i was leaning over to get my bags out of the car i heard something pop twice and a thought crossed my mind thinking "i hope i didnt pee in my pants" as i got out of my car a gush of water came and so i rushed into the house. I had to wait to use the bathroom until the lady i was caring for was done and while i was in there the water just kept coming, i was kinda nervous, but calm and had to get it straight in my head that my water had broke and i wasn't peeing. I told the daughter in law of lady i have been caring for and she drove me to the hospital. I called my husband on the way and got situated into bed and the constraction started to really come and i tried to take the pain, but contractions are the most unbearable pain that i think i will ever have. I finally took epidural and fell asleep around 7 or 8 in morning the contractions started again and took a few hours for her to want to come out they had to use vacuum on her. It was just complete joy when she came and then the doctor had a hard time getting the placenta out and then for the bleeding to stop so i had to go into surgery so they could put a baloon in to stop it. I had lost alot of blood and was given 3 blood transfusions. Chloe she was born a month early at 5 lbs she went down as far as 4.9 due to being jaundice and not eating much. She was able to come home with me and my husband 2dys later.

by New Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:00 AM
I was 2 days passed my due date. My ob and I planned to induce after 5 days..but you know, sometimes you just need to hear the word "induce labor" to get things moving. I had gone out of my way to avoid a csection - I have hip dysplasia pretty bad, but I went through 3 months of physical therapy to build the muscles so I could push. The whole day I had what I thought was just bad gas pains. I went to my parents house to relax and distract myself. I lay on the couch with these "gas pains" for hours. I finally decided they might be contractions, so I started timing them. They were very inconsistent. Sometimes 5 minutes apart, then 10 then 7 etc., and only lasting between 10 and 30 seconds. I went home and waited for my husband to come home. He'd brought home dinner from work because I told him I wasn't feeling up to cooking. We ate dinner, and I was feeling really uncomfortable. I told him I thought I was having contractions, and he asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital. I told him I didn't because it didn't seem like the contractions were strong enough and I didn't want to end up getting sent home. I have a really high tolerance for pain, it just felt like I had bad gas and I wasn't too concerned about it, just uncomfortable. The contractions started getting more consistent. I decided to go take a shower to relax. I felt them getting closer together, but still they didn't really hurt and I really didn't want to get sent home from the hospital with false labor. After I got out of the shower, I went and laid in bed for a while. My contractions started to last longer and were coming every 4 minutes. I grabbed my hospital bag and went down the stairs. My husband asked me again if I wanted to go to the hospitaln and again I said no and that I just wanted to be ready when it was time to go. 10 minutes later the discomfort turned into mild pain. My husband asked me over and over "are you /sure/ you don't want to go to the hospital??" And I kept saying no. Finally I guess the expression on my face told him otherwise and he said "that's it, we are going to the hospital!" Still fearing it was false labor, I told him no and he said "too bad, I'm starting the car and packing your stuff!"
We got to the hospital around half passed midnight. My contractions were 3 minutes apart. When the nurse checked me, she said "you're about 2cm dilated...woah! I can feel her hair!" I was moved to a delivery room where they put monitor thingies on my tummy. I had developed a slight fever that they were monitoring. After about 2 hours, contractions were 2 minutes apart. They gave me narcotics for the pain, which had finally made it to painful. I was monitored for another half an hour. I wasn't dilating anymore, so they put me on pitocin. My fever had continued to rizse slightly the whole time. After another nearly 2 hours on pitocin, I still had only dilated to 3cm. I got the epidural, and my nurse told me I should be in a lamaze video for how well I was controlling myself (I had taken /no/ birthing classes whatsoever). My fever continued to rise. Another nurse came in and informed me that they were stopping the pitocin because with each contraction, my daughter's heart rate dropped significantly. They gave me an oxygen mask in the hopes it would help. (My sense of time is off on this by a bit... I was in labor a total of 12hrs) after a while, my fever wasn't going down and my daughters heart rate was still dropping. The ob on call came into my room and explained what was going on. He told me that we could risk waiting it out to see if things would fix thenselves, or he could prep me then and have me in surgery in 15 minutes. I was crushed and terrified. I asked my husband what to do, and he told me he couldn't make that decision for me but he didn't want to lose either of us. After a lot of crying and thinking, I decided to avoid an emergency csection and get prepped right then. I have never been in the hospital unless I was visiting somone, never had a broken bone or any form of surgery.. I was positively terrified. As soon as I told the doc to do what he needed to do, I closed my eyes and didn't open them again until someone said "here's your beautiful baby girl!" I clenched all of the muscles that I could still feel with all my might throughout the surgery. It felt like someone had hooked me on a fishing line and was yanking my bladder around. They showed me my daughter, and I heard a nurse say "wow, what a big baby! If we hadn't done a csection when we did, you could have gone through several more hours of labor before you ended up getting a csection anyway! There's no way she was going to fit through your pelvis!" She was 9lb 6oz. And 22 inches and came out with a /ton/ of hair. It was absolutely nothing like w hat I had "planned", but I wouldn't change a thing. She's perfect a nd I love her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM

On May 3rd, I woke up at three to go to the bathroom. I felt leakage on the way back to bed and thought "huh, then I should have contractions soon" Sure enough, they came hard and fast. I waited a few minutes to make sure, then texted my doula and told my husband he better get some sleep since we are having a baby tonight or tomorrow. I made him go to sleep and I tried to go back to sleep, but kept moaning, so I took a bath so as not to wake him. He asked me if he should wear ear plugs. I said YES. I threw up after the bath and told my doula who told me she will meet me at the hospital. I was still thinking I had hours. It was about 5:30 at that time. I was surprised to go already. Found out later, since I threw up, my doula knew I was already in transition! But, I hadn't packed my bags yet and my husband hadn't cleaned out the car I woke him up and we did that. I took another shower cause I forgot to wash my hair. (Yes, I took a shower in transition!) I had several contractions while doing that. As I was getting everything together, I realized I had a pushing urge. I said to my husband "Uh, I think we better leave NOW, I just felt like I needed to push" I got to the hospital, they were trying to get me to sign papers. Apparently I signed one of them really strange lol. We got to the room and I got checked fully dialated and effaced. I said "Wait, the baby is coming NOW then!" I still thought I had hours and hours. It was about 7:45 at that time. The nurse told me to not push. Ha, I had been pushing since I left home...I said "MY BODY DOES IT FOR ME!" The doctor made it and then she tells me to push when my body didn't feel like it. I hate those monitors, they trap you in the position and tell them when you have the contractions. I found I do NOT like being told what to do lol. I had him at 8:30, five and a half hours after I leaked amniotic fluid. Here I thought I was going to have 24 hours of labor!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Around 3am on December 22nd I went into the hospital because I was feeling contractions every 3-5 min. My due date was on the 20th and doctors said, they would most likely have to induce me the following week. So I didnt think anything of it, and I thought they would just send me home. Instead they put in labor/delivery room. At 8am My water broke, and thats when the pain kicked in,, I was planning on having a water birth, but the tub was in the room across the hall, so they had to plug out the tub in the room, disarm to be able to bring it into my room, and than called the maintance man to fix the water, because only cold water come out. So after all that ordeal, I just was in so much pain on a stupid medecine ball I just wanted some relaxing medecine, so after i took that I couldnt go into the tub, because it was dangerous.. So the nurses didnt like me that much haha. So the medication didnt take away my pain, it just helped me calm down and cope with the pain, and I fell asleep. Until about and hour or two later woke up in so much pain, nurses asking me if i want an epideral, I said no over and over,. and my boyfriend was there in my face telling me breath out breath in, The pain literally was gone, I kept calm with him but if he even turned away for a second I started hyperventalating haha I was so scared, but he than again kept me calm and breath. I was 4 cm when I took the medication and an hour or two later was when the doctor came in and told me Im 9cm, I almost died I was so scared and I didnt get the epideral so I thought i was going to feel all this pain. And I pushed for about an hour,, and at 2:05pm.. Luna Ann was born :) and i just remeber just holding her and my boyfriend right next to me wanting to cry but i was so out of breath I could just gasp for air. I just held her tight and didnt let go. I am so blessed she is my miracle... 12-22-11<3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)