Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Baby Bath Tub

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 571 Total Views

I hope someone can give me some help.  My best friend is due any day now.  I want to buy her a some really nice gifts since she was so wonderful after my first born.  One thing I want to get her is a baby bath tub.  She is a first time mom

I found some interesting ones - 

Puj Tub - appears to get great reviews, but it appears a little floppy, so is it safe?

Fisher Price Bath Tubs - average reviews but it looks good and I can get it at babies r us.  Has a hook to hang it up.  Something like a yes/no to let you know if the water temp is safe.  And a confort sling to support the baby.  I like how visually appealing it is.

Aqua Scale - this appears to be a new tub from upspringbaby.  A little more expensive but says it is a bath tub and a scale in one.  Also has a water thermometer ( which I know is a must to have a thermometer to ensure the water is safe ).  I like the idea that I can get her a scale and a tub together. This has an insert that can be removed as baby grows, so she could get longer use. No reviews yet on this one

The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe - gets really good reviews, looks like some hot tubs with a seat I used while skiing years ago. Very basic and appears a little cheap.

So if anyone has suggestions or know about these, would you please give me your advice.

Thanks Alice - 

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM

This is the tub I use and I love it!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3247567

But here's an idea that I did for my sister in law, I got them this frog bath tub at toys r us too, (Looks like it's a turtle now on their website), but she loves it. I got them everything for the bath, frog towels and wash clothes, that frog pad that collects all the bath toys and hangs on the wall, a frog robe, frog spout (is covers the spout in the tub so that they don't bang their head on) shampoo, body wash, lotion and a couple bath toys. She said it was her favorite gift that she got at her baby shower! That's what I did....

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

i have a few friends that use the puj tub they love it ..it fits really well and many kitchen sinks :) and keeps baby cradled and comfy ..i had the hischer price on with a sling that goes in it for new borns and such but even though it had the latches to put on our sink it was to big and never fit right so we just used it in out tub and it stayed there but around six months we stop using it bc my son was to big and liked siting on his own in the big tub ...i lik the pp  idea of getting a tub and filling it with tub stuff though that is a cute idea

hales.love143
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I just saw one called the blooming baby bath tub or blossiming baby bath not sure which one it is but it was the cutest thing i have ever seen. It is a foam flower that you put in the sink and put baby inside they have them in different colors blue pink and yellow. I just googled it while texting this the website is bloomingbath.com check it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicestars
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Thank, thank everyone for your suggestions.  I've been going through all the tubs.  I think I am going to do a really nice present for her, I decided on 2 tubs.  One for the sink because very early days, you're right bending over might not be a good idea for her.  Also, one that will be good in the tub and last her a long time. ( of course, also stuffed with froggy toys as someone suggested...)  The 2 tubs I decided on are - 

Blooming Bath - http://www.bloomingbath.com/  - this one because it is realy cute, soft and easy to dry and of course the website pictures made me smile...

Aqua Scale - http://www.theaquascale.com/  - I like the scale and water thermometer addition.  Also, since the insert can be removed I know my friend will get a long use out of it

Thanks again for all your help - Alice

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I used the Aqua Scale and I liked it. I think both tubs are great, what a nice friend!

midraper
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My husband and I are pretty new to baby stuff as we only have 1 child right now but we found a great baby bathtub!  We searched around to the typical places like Fisher Price etc. but we always felt like they were a little too expensive than what they should be.  We searched online and found a great website for great bath tubs and they're really affordable.  I've given a few as gifts to my friends who had kids and they've loved them too.  Here it is:

http://www.squidoo.com/best-baby-bathtubs

Michelle Draper

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement