Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing with your first pregnancy or did do?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 518 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I have been looking up things to do while I'm pregnant to keep my mind off of going through my Divorce heres what I came up with so far.

1. Going to make a couple blankets--This is big because I dunno how to do that lol

2. Keeping a pregnancy journal.

3. Taking weekly photos with a picture I make that says whats going on in life, what I'm craving, etc.

4. Taking extra parenting classes since I'm doing this Solo.

If anyone else has any suggestions or Ideas let me know Thanks.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gaminmama
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

my job takes most of my time but i am makeing a baby quilt for my little one but hubby won't let me work on it without him so its takeing forever! and i also made my crib set since i didn't like any that they sell in baby stores.

newmommy52012
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you're going through a divorce ):

The only thing I have done is take weekly pictures but I wish I would have kept track of my cravings & stuff ): That's a good idea :D

CafeMom Tickers

SouthernMama23
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I been trying to do all the cutesy stuff. When he or she looks back I want them to see how excited I was during my pregnancy even though their daddy was being a jerk.

ProudShammy3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Have you thought of if you want a natural birth or not? I took Bradley classes - I highly suggest this. (It helped me achieve my natural birth) The classes are one a week for three months. (Best to start in the 3rd tri) since you mentioned classes, I figured I would mention this too.
I also regret not doing this, but I really wish I took more pictures (of every week) and see my bump get larger. So make sure you do that! (I know you listed that, but I said I was going to do that and I ended up only getting like 10 pictures of me pregnant lol)
Also why don't you find a moms group near you? Since you are a single mom, it might be nice to meet other moms to go and hang out with (who knows, you might find someone who is expecting the same time you are!)

Oh! And I always wished I had crocheted some clothes. I can't croshet, but the thought of learning to make a real cute coming home outfit always seemed like a good idea.

ProudShammy3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Oh, and with my next pregnancy I want pictures like this, its not too late, you can get pics like this too!

(Found this via pinterest)

prettygirl10
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Making a blankey. Doing multiple maternity shoots. 

SouthernMama23
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Thanks for all the good ideas! I will def look into everything you said any other advice you want to give just message it to me on here or add me on facebook.

facebook.com/southerntattedbelle220

I would love to meet more good mommies!

Quoting ProudShammy3:

Have you thought of if you want a natural birth or not? I took Bradley classes - I highly suggest this. (It helped me achieve my natural birth) The classes are one a week for three months. (Best to start in the 3rd tri) since you mentioned classes, I figured I would mention this too.
I also regret not doing this, but I really wish I took more pictures (of every week) and see my bump get larger. So make sure you do that! (I know you listed that, but I said I was going to do that and I ended up only getting like 10 pictures of me pregnant lol)
Also why don't you find a moms group near you? Since you are a single mom, it might be nice to meet other moms to go and hang out with (who knows, you might find someone who is expecting the same time you are!)

Oh! And I always wished I had crocheted some clothes. I can't croshet, but the thought of learning to make a real cute coming home outfit always seemed like a good idea.

CafeMom Tickers
SouthernMama23
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

good idea!!! I love pinterest

Quoting ProudShammy3:

Oh, and with my next pregnancy I want pictures like this, its not too late, you can get pics like this too!

(Found this via pinterest)

CafeMom Tickers
Ludvik_Smith
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

All your ideas are awesome and you should do them all. Sorry about the divorce :(

As your due date gets closer you'll be busy with setting up the nursery, or at least the crib and getting all the stuff organized. You may even go through "nesting" where you'll want to clean and arrange everything, so I'm sure that will keep you very busy.

pittymama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM

all such cute ideas. unfortunately i haven't been doing much because i work and take care of him, the dogs and the house.. actually a lot more work than it sounds like lol

i bought a scrapbook and i've chosen good ultrasound pictures, even her 7 week 1 day one where she was just a little tadpole and i've started making that for her. i also take pictures of my belly, but not every week.. just when i remember. my mom told me to start a pregnancy journal but when i have a free moment to sit and rest i don't want to be writing haha i'm a fail first time mama :)

Wife to an amazing man 08/29/2011
Mommy to 1 little girl on the way 06/02/2012
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)