Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking about... PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Delayed vaxing or not vaxing at all. I currently vax but my son had a reaction (high fever) after he got his last vax's when he'd never had a reaction before. I'm looking for facts and info on all sides. I have searched it but all I come up with are biased opinions. If you ladies could give me some links that would be great!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Dr sears has some really could info.
We spaced our sons shots out he didn't get more then two at a time. But he is fully vaxed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM
We vax but I think I'll delay or selectively vax the rest. There are some I'm definately skipping like chicken pox. He's due for his 9 months shots soon. I'm looking into them to see if I want to do it. I will do DTap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I vax and on time but of course I still have some worries. I was unsure about the chicken pox vax as well but had her get it anyway. Luckily she's had no adverse affects to any vaccine yet.

The flu shot is something I have never gotten nor do I ever really want to get and my daughter has never had one either.

Sorry, I don't have any good info sites but if I come across anything I'll share what I find :) 

SCL_HF
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I would talk to your pedi. DS had trouble with his 2nd set of vaccines (his right leg didn't move properly for about 2 weeks) so I told my pedi when we went in for booster, he premedicated DS with some Benadryl and Tylenol, gave the vaccines, and DS was totally fine this time. :)

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Check out my blog! Mom & Monster - http://momandmonster.blogspot.com/

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

There's a group on here, I can't remember the name of it now - I'll look for it later - but it's devoted to moms who delay, select or don't vax at all. They have some links and info, but there are also moms there to talk about their sides of the story (both sides). There's some good info there.

We don't vaccinate. My DH and I did a lot of research and decided it wasn't right for us, at least not yet. We're on the fence about whether or not we'll ever get her vaccinated - but if we do, it'll be selective and on our schedule, not the doctor's. That's all I can say to you. Do your research. Get information from doctors, other moms, the internet, anywhere and everywhere you can possibly find. No one but you can know what's best for your child, and with all the information, you can make an educated decision. Good luck!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Ok, I have the link to the group. It's Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)