Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

first night home. when do I feed him in the night

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband and I just brought our first childhome from the hospital... Do I wake him to feed him at night our do I wait in him to tell me he is hungry??? I am so worried about it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Replies (21-27):
vwd_johnson
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Let them sleep !!! Docs will tell you to wake then up and I think they're crazy. You and baby both need you're sleep. When baby is hungry, they will wake up and eat. :) don't make it harder on yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
625Patty
by Patty on May. 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Congrats!!!!

Quoting arj767s:

Don't wake him. That'll just piss him off. He'll wake up when he's ready to eat. Congrats! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aidensmommy92
by Alison on May. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Hel let you know when hes hungry:) just expect it every 2-3 hrs congrats

jlm425
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Same here..

Quoting SarineLewis:

Drs say to wake to feed. I think it's stupid. Feed when baby let's you know. Congratz! Hope you don't ride a hormonal roller coaster like I did!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm425
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM
I hope this happens to me.

Quoting candace51709:

Thanx everyone... I have been letting him sleep until he wakes me... He is now 6 Weeks old and has been sleeping through the night for a week or so! I am one happy Momma:))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2be360
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Dont worry go by the hospital feedings. He will turn his, head to you, near ya breast ., suck his, fingers.

Quoting candace51709:

My husband and I just brought our first childhome from the hospital... Do I wake him to feed him at night our do I wait in him to tell me he is hungry??? I am so worried about it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgau73
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM
You don't have to wake him to nurse him. Look for rapid eye movement and nurse then. They need to nurse 8-12 times per day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement