Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Should I be worried?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 143 Total Views
My little girl is 14 weeks old and has recently started projectile vomiting after her first bottle in the morning. Does anyone know what the cause might be? I dont want to run to the pead everytime something new happens, he's already seeing way too much of me. DoI have need to worry?
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bchic24
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Anytime there is projectile vomit then you should take baby in. Not necessarily anything to worry about but better safe than sorry. Plus be sure you are positive it is actually projectile. Check this page out and see where your baby fits and decide for yourself. GL 

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/projectile-vomiting-in-infants.html

My son actually did have projectile vomiting and many other issues. You'll know when it's a problem. Mine was born at 8lbs 9oz and when he was 4 months old he only weighed 7lbs 6oz so we knew there was something wrong and when the vomiting started we rushed him straight to the ER where he was transferred to st. joseph's children's hospital where it took them a month to figure out it was his pancreas! As long as your little one isn't losing weight or isn't developing properly then I'm sure it's fine! 

syoumans77
by Stephanie on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I agree, projectile vomiting is concerning and she should go to the doc for it.  Hopefully it's nothing, but she should be checked out just in case.  Good luck!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Because it's consistent with her first feeding of the day, I wonder if it may have something to do with the feeding itself. How much does she eat at night? Could it be possible that she wakes up *very* hungry and scarfs her bottle down too fast? Formula and milk expands in the digestive tract, so too much at once has no option but to come back out with the same force.

Regardless, I agree with the other moms that this warrants a call to the doctor. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement