Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Is this wrong of me?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 248 Total Views
I know I'm not supposed to have a preference, but I REALLY hope my first one is a boy. I feel guilty about it but I know that I'll love it no matter how it comes out, but I secretly can't help wishing for a boy. Does that make me horrible? Did anybody else have a gender preference? Were you terribly disappointed if it came out the other way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ludvik_Smith
by Jessica on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM

LoL not wrong at all! When I found out I was pregnant I hoped for a boy, too, really thought I'd have a boy, but we had a girl! And no, absolutely no feelings of disappointment at all! I'm sure it'll be the same for you...hope for whichever gender you want to, no guilt in that, but don't be surprised when you absolutely love that baby no matter what he/she turns out to be! 

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I was hoping for a boy when I found out that I was pregnant, even had dreams that it was a boy. When we went for the ultrasound to see what we were having I even asked the tech if maybe it was just a small penis. LOL My DF about died!!! LOL 

CafeMom Tickers
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I don't think it's wrong of you at all.  I think most of us had a preference....I know I did.  We were hoping for a girl and got one but I think I would have been thrilled either way!

Bertha21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
No! I wanted a boy and I got one! Hope you get one too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VivienneLaRoux
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Thanks guys. :) I don't feel so terrible now lol. I already have a boy name picked out and I love it so I hope I get to use it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CmC1307
by Christine on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I never admitted it to anyone cuz i just felt like it would make me sound horrible but I desperately wanted a girl. We found out at 17 weeks that it was a girl and I was so happy i couldn't contain myself ! Now, since we want two more it doesnt matter to me whether they are boys or girls cuz i gotmy one little girl that i had to have :) And let me tell you she is perfect :)

CafeMom Tickers
VivienneLaRoux
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I hope that happens for me!! Only with a boy. :p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Im hoping for a boy...everyone keeps telling me I'm going to have a girl. Either way in the end its my baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotAsPlanned
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Not wrong! I was secretly wishing for a girl which I am getting! But like you said, if it happened to be a boy I wouldn't be upset at all or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
md_1015
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I wanted a boy first so #2 if I have one would have a big brother and also because all the grandkids were girls except for my nephew that passed at 6 months.. but I had a girl and I would not change her for the world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement