Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Motivation and working out?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 143 Total Views

Hi ladies.. I would love to know how you find or keep motivated to workout?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ludvik_Smith
by Jessica on May. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM

LoL I don't!

It's hard. I do good for a bit, then slack off.

My biggest motivator is remembering how I felt a few months ago when I was the heaviest I've ever been. I DO NOT want to go back to that. I tell myself "okay, I've been slacking lately, but that's okay, tomorrow is a new day." I try not to get too down on myself for pigging out or skipping exercise because I find that is just a slippery slope to the attitude of "what's the point?". Stay positive!

Another big motivator for me is we just recently decided to try for another baby so I'd really like to get to my goal weight before getting pregnant again. I would like to have a very healthy pregnancy this time...I gained more weight than I needed to last time! 

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM

my attitude is just so much better when i get a work out in lol....the idea of not being grumpy keeps me going

camdenp10
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I too feel better when I work out. I bought these 10 minute DVDs from Walmart that are great. It's just enough for me to start out with, but not enough to overwhelm me. I try to stay motivated because I want to be happy with who I see in the mirror. Not for my hubby or anyone else, just me.

Quoting KelliansMom:

my attitude is just so much better when i get a work out in lol....the idea of not being grumpy keeps me going

Danielle-Lo-La
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM

my husband.. he can run (not jog) 11 miles with his ruck sack and not break a sweat on his forehead... If he can do that, running 5 miles on a treadmill isn't going to kill me :)

plus.... now that I lost almost 30lbs by just counting calories/carbs i have 2x as much motivation for toning and whatnot before he gets home. It was tough at first but now I could never go back to the old me.

twinsforlove
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

lol its so hard but Im a single mom so I just keep telling myself A. My kids deserve a healthy mom who can play with them and B. All my friends critisize me and put me down daily because I went from a size 0 to now a 15 with the twins :/

laxdal2
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I love to excerise because I feel energized for hours. I have to be constantly. lifting and serving at my job, so I have to be in tip top shape to move fast. My husband is also a huge motivation factor, if he can do what he does at his job, running and capturing people, I don't think a few hours of excerise are going to hurt me

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I agree. For me it's not so much that I'm motivated to work out, it's just that I'm motivated not to not workout! LOL! I always feel like crap the whole day if I skip, so no matter how badly I just want more sleep or whatever, I remind myself that I'll feel much better all day if I do it than if I don't. That always works for me!

Biancas_Mommy19
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I look at pictures of how i use to look before i got pregnant. That alone is enough motivation to get me up and moving !!

RunninMa
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I like to feel good about what I see in the mirror. That's usually motivation enough. I also love the feeling of being tired after a run :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement