Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Need adivce!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 224 Total Views

Okay first off I finally found out I was having a baby boy!So excited,anyways i was previously given a due date of Aug 21,2012,so that means im about 24wks and 4days,well i went in and the doctor says im measuring 30wks.She gave me the glucose test already too,she didn't mention nothing else about it,so i was just wondering why i would be measuring like 6wks more then i was previously told.I'm kinda freaking out a little so any advice or comments would be helpful. :)))

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I was measuring about 5 weeks ahead throughout my whole pregnancy! They first thought I was somehow further along, then they thought I was just going to have a huge baby, both theories were incorrect! lol...
It turns out that was just how my uterus was growing. She was born at 41 weeks weighing 7lbs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by Jessica on May. 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't freak out too much. According to the measurements your doctor took, your uterus is measuring at 30 weeks, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is how far along you really are/how far along baby really is. You might stay measuring at 30 weeks for the next few weeks. 

evamarie12984
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Do you remember the day you got your last period? That's how I calculated

BJAponte77
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM

We had our due date given by ultrasound and my son was right on the money and then he started measuring a little bigger not 5 weeks but a little bigger like 2 weeks maybe consistently, he came out 8lbs 5.7oz and 20.5" so he was a bigger boy.  Do you know if he's just bigger in general?  If not I'd ask so you don't get an unexpected surprise 5 weeks ahead of time!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM
The hight of you uterus has a few factors to it. Where it's sitting how it's growing too. I was always measuring weeks ahead but my son was still almost two weeks late. Dont worry to much into it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I agree with the other moms, try not to let it worry you too much. All doctor is saying is that you're measuring at 30 weeks, not that you actually are 30 weeks along. All this can depend on your height, weight, weight gain, baby's position, baby's growth, etc.

Haley947
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quoting evamarie12984:

Do you remember the day you got your last period? That's how I calculated

Yes and thats how they calculated the first time when i went to take a prego test and that was off a week and some when my docotor acctually measured the baby my first ultra sound.

Haley947
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I'm only 5"3 and have only gained like 7lbs but the doctor did mention since the daddy's on the taller side that,that could be a factor.Thank yall and i have an ultra sound in about 2 weeks so ill figure it out.Thank yall agian for all the help! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement